New Years Day Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years Day Trip

Being an old fogey, and well past my party animal days, I anticipate being of clear head on New Year's Day. I would like to plan a trip somewhere, hopefully to catch the first fish of the new year. Is anyone else interested?

Last year I fished in the Severn on Jan 1. I caught a 13.5" white perch that earned a DNR citation. When I attended the Maryland Fishing Challenge awards ceremony in Sept, my name was drawn as one of the finalists. I ended up winning the top prize -- a Tracker boat, motor, and trailer. All this because I got out of the house and fished on Jan 1.

So by all means, if you feel up to it and the weather cooperates, give it a shot. Who knows what your fishing trip could lead to.

I would like to fish again on Jan 1 if circumstances allow. One thing to remember -- make sure you have already obtained your fishing license for 2013.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
    X