bell grove worth fishin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bell grove worth fishin?

Hey guys i was going to hit the eastern shore on tuesday but the spot i wanted to try has no address so ill prob stay local. Im gonna try to get a spare kayak for my friend and was thinking about launching at southwest park and fishing bell grove and the surrounding areas. Dont have the fish finder set up so id just have to go based on of the spot looked fishy or not. Any kayak reports from bell grove or anything? Thinking about getting minnows and either free lining or putting under bobber. Either that or throw artificial. Any thoughts?

Not familiar with that area, but fresh /brackish waters using live bait is the ticket this time of year- pike are active as are crappie, blue cats and to a lesser degree largemouth bass- you have to slow down the presentation for bass- I use a jig and pig fished really slow in the colder waters- barely hop it across the bottom- wiggles work best- the deeper waters are warmer- so in deep drop offs you find concentrations of fish- vertical jigging works, too
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Its not too far from clydes pretty much in the lansdowne area. Behind the american legion is a spot a lotta people fish. Southwest park runs right into bell grove if ya make a right after ya launch. A left will take u out to the harbor/fort mchenry area. Never put in at southwest but ive fished from the bank there. If i can get a spare for my friend thats prob what well do. If not then eastern shore still may be an option.

Comment

Originally posted by c-villefisherr408 View Post
        Hey guys i was going to hit the eastern shore on tuesday but the spot i wanted to try has no address so ill prob stay local. Im gonna try to get a spare kayak for my friend and was thinking about launching at southwest park and fishing bell grove and the surrounding areas. Dont have the fish finder set up so id just have to go based on of the spot looked fishy or not. Any kayak reports from bell grove or anything? Thinking about getting minnows and either free lining or putting under bobber. Either that or throw artificial. Any thoughts?
        ive bin fishing bell grove lately and catching pickerel and bass all caught on various artificials . i put in next to the American legion and fish the ponds a lot less paddling. http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...sco-ponds-12-9

Comment

Hey are ya talkin about right where the 2 car parking spot is? I tried unloading where the private property area was had my flashers on and the truck running and i almost got towed O.O i told the guy im just unloading and he saw me standing right there. What were ya catching the pickeral on? Would minnows work do ya think? Im usually off mondays and tuesdays but i have the flu right now so ill be out a while.

Comment

Originally posted by c-villefisherr408 View Post
            Hey are ya talkin about right where the 2 car parking spot is? I tried unloading where the private property area was had my flashers on and the truck running and i almost got towed O.O i told the guy im just unloading and he saw me standing right there. What were ya catching the pickeral on? Would minnows work do ya think? Im usually off mondays and tuesdays but i have the flu right now so ill be out a while.
            No it is right next to the american legion its a gravel parking area for about 5 cars and theres a blue and white fishing sign and some big white rocks. Me and my dad have bin parking there for like 15 years and never had any problems

Comment

Working...
            X