Lake Redman and/or York Co. PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Redman and/or York Co. PA

Anyone have experience fishing lake redman or other bodies of water in York Co?
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

My buddy lives in Freeland, MD, right on the MD side of the border.
    We've been to Redman a bunch and done lousy. He's done so terrible there, that he won't go there anymore. If you go, fish a wacky worm and you might catch some small bass. I caught a few bass in the rip-rap areas and where the water goes under the highway.

If you're going to do lake fishing up there, I think you are better off hitting Lake Marburg (Codorus State Park). I think there's way more fish in Margurg. We've done fine there in the Spring and Fall. Once the summer thermocline sets up, we struggle there.

Comment

2 or 3 times on the hardwater (ice). Did pretty crappy. Seen a few decent bass caught the first time there and heard of some decent crappie. Also got the sense there were some stocker trout in there but I'm not sure what gave me that idea...

Of course I didn't do much better fishing Marburg the 6 or 8 times i went there either lol (all ice fishing as well)

Comment

If you are doing Marburg then you might also try Long Arm ......... haven't fished either in decades but we use to do better at Longarm and it's fairly close to Marburg

Comment

thanks guys, how is the Susky in that york county stretch?
          14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
          2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
          X