Fish Attractants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Attractants

I have heard of people using attractants such as "Smelly Jelly" for crappie fishing and the likes. So I think it will be cool to make some myself and customize it in what ever way I want.

I am going to make a few "flavors" tonight and hope to test them and see which one works best.

In addition I was wondering if anyone else has tried this and am looking for "recipes" to build off of.
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Ive tried pro cure and spike-it also just garlic realy i haven't seen any difference

Comment

I plan on heading out to Occoquan on Saturday to try out the scents I made. I used a bunch of stuff from my kitchen and have made
      -Garlic paste (garlic, olive oil, and vaseline to thicken)
      -Fish Sauce
      -Shrimp Paste + Vaseline
      -Shrimp Paste and garlic
      -Fish Sauce and Garlic

Comment

How did it go Minh?

When I saw your post I was thinking about fish sauce as well (number one used item in our kitchen by the way! LOL). I figure the fish extract and the salt would do the trick... But may need to thicken it in a way to make it stick while not taking away anything from the scent....
        -Mustafa
        ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
        2016 Hobie Outback
        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
          Ive tried pro cure and spike-it also just garlic realy i haven't seen any difference
          +1 I think they're just money makers
          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

I've used or seen people use all kinds of scents from anise, peppermint and fish oil to the most popular which seems to be garlic. Not sure how much of a difference it makes but it doesn't seem to hurt. Gulp is some pretty stinky stuff and seems to catchem as well or better than most other soft plastics on the market.

Comment

Haven't been out yet I forgot to mention that I would be heading out next Saturday, but I will post my test results.

Comment

Working...
              X