Myrtle Grove WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myrtle Grove WMA

In my spare time I have been looking at possible fishing locations for some sheltered winter time fishing opportunities- Bill fishes St. Mary's Lake on occasion and sometimes we both fish Wheatley Lake (mostly for trout) but I have been looking at Myrtle Grove Wildlife Managemenet Area in Charles County. The lake looks pretty nice- Question- has anyone fished this lake? Mattawoman Creek is always an option, especially the upper creek, but it gets fished a lot- this looks like it maybe an overlooked location-
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Had never heard of it but by the looks of the trails along shore someone fishes it regularly. I think the state listed bass, catfish, bluegills and stocker trout. Access looks easy enough although at 23 acres its kinda limited. Not going to wear yourself out covering all the water anyways!

Comment

I have never before purchased a trout stamp for my freshwater license. However, after reading some of the reports from our members last winter about the fast trout fishing in southern MD ponds and lakes, I would like to try it this year. I hope someone who regularly fishes that fishery can let the other board members know when, where, and how to catch a few trout.

Is that a shoreline or a kayak fishery or both?
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
      X