new to the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to the game

Hello everybody. I just joined this site. And wanted to say thanks to everybody for sharing all of their wonderful ideas. I am new to kayak fishing and love every minute of it. But reading the post on here has really helped me alot. I hope to be able to meet you guys soon. I live in fredeicksburg, va. Take care!

Welcome to the wonderful world of kayak fishing..... the best way to fish
    http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
    484-459-9863
    If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
    *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Comment

Jump in with both feet- most folks find they wished they had done this before now- the initial attraction is fishing in waters no one else can, but we find many in our plastic navy fishes the bigger waters a lot, too- understand that fishing in bigger waters presents a different set of challenges for fishing from a kayak than ponds, small lakes and shallow streams do- and requires a lot more planning, experience and a dependable fishing buddy- that is where this forum is so helpful. Posting a note here that you plan to fish a certain location and are inviting others to join almost always finds you a fishing buddy-
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Welcome. Have fun.

Comment

Ahhhh ......... another 1 out of the closet ......... welcome to the addiction

Comment

Thanks to everybody for being so friendly. This truly is a great site.

Comment

Thank you for your helpful advice. You are correct about there being a difference in fishing ponds, creeks, or even rivers compared to the big open water. It does require planning, what fish you want to target, what will you do if weather turns, and so on. Like you said having a buddy is a great way to fish different waters. Being that I am new to this, I dont have to many friends that kayak fish. That's why I was so eager to join this site. Hope to meet people who have the same passion.

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome Welcome
                  <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Welcome 06!

Comment

Attached Files
                      Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
                      Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

06 - It's a fun group and very willing to share techniques, knowledge, easy and inexpensive way to do things, etc. no matter where you fish.

A big attraction of kayak fishing is the ease of mobility in trying different locations, provided there are spots to put into. You will probably find spots that you can get to within 30 min. or closer to Fredericksburg in a kayak with car top launch spots. So, if you plan on doing most of your fishing in Virginia, there is the Virginia Forum on this site with guys knowledgeable in your neck of the woods.

Comment

yeah I appreciate your advice "fishinfool". I have tried a few areas in fredericksburg area, rapp. river, the potomac, and a few ponds. Cant wait to get to the big water though. Last july had the chance to fish rudee inlet and catch some flounder, that was great. But you are right the virginia section of this site hs been helpful.

Comment

Welcome!
                              2012 Hobie Revo 13'
                              2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Working...
                              X