Tog on Gulp shrimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tog on Gulp shrimp

I've tried for a short time to catch tog on Gulp crabs, with no luck, but this guy caught some on Gulp shrimp:

Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

yeah I saw that video on youtube. He was catching them left and right with the shrimp. I was wondering how the crab would work. Sorry you did not have any take the bite. I bought the shrimp, but have not had a chance to try it yet. Hopefully soon tho.

Comment

try the gulp in orange or new penny they say that tog are attracted to orange maybe because of the eggs in the female crabs. those gulp shrimp were killer in key west.

is that guy nuts? tog is very good to eat

Comment

That's John Skinner. He's an author and the creator of fisherslog.com. He's got a lot of great tips and appears to fish a very productive area of the Long Island Sound. Make sure to check out his fluking with the bucktail videos, they are awesome. I think that gulp for tog may work in areas with a higher concentration of tog than we have around here (or at least kayak accessible).

When I was fishing this year in Cape May for the jamboree I caught a ton of small tog and it was a fish or bite every drop. I think gulp would have worked here to let the little ones chew long enough for a larger fish to take the bait. Plus, flounder are often in the same areas so you never know what you'll catch.
        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

I have seen that gulp also has gulp sand fleas. Has anyone else heard of or tried these either? They are a quite popular tog bait up at the Indian River Inlet, DE.
          Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

hmm, I think I have some new penny gulp shrimp somewhere in my gulp cache. I'll have to try them next time. I've caught striper on them on a bucktail and perch too, but didnt think to try them for tog. Tried the gulp crab a couple time with no luck
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Working...
            X