Occquan on Monday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occquan on Monday?

Couldn't go today because of the high winds so will most likely head out tomorrow as it will be nicer...anyone else heading out tomorrow? If so what times were you planning on going?
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Ill probably get to Occ Reg Park between 7 and 730
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

am?

Comment

That is correct sir. Im limited to below the 95 bridge since I only have a MD license. Plan to target cats first and if no love from them will try for crappie. I'd love to hook into one of the big flatheads that are around there. I've only caught them in the Susky reservoir. Slow, slow, slow presentation will be the name of the game.
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
          Ill probably get to Occ Reg Park between 7 and 730
          Me too.
          Sun Fishin'

Comment

Hmm might try for cats as well if the crappie aren't biting. What to you use? I might bring some shrimp along...

Comment

in my experience flatheads need live bait, we catch up on the susky reservoir with creek chubs. Ill be using minnows. I already offered to share with Sun, but will probably still have enough to share with you too. Im bringing shrimp, nightcrawlers, livers, and dead minnows to try too...
              Ryan
              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

I've got some meal-worms maybe they will be good for something.

Comment

How did you guys do? I didn't get there till 10:00 and fished for crappie for only about and hour. I saw your cars there but had to go back because of a family emergency.

Comment

Sorry we missed ya. We fished from 7:30 til about noon. Between the three of us we caught....
                    4 keeper crappie.
                    2 mini crappie.
                    1 20 in blue catfish.
                    1 $150 ultralight combo. It was cold and I was untangling my line when I saw my fingers on my rod handle unravel. Doh. Luckily shadyfisher was around with a top bottom rig he used to snag it up.

the fishing wasn't great, but we all managed to catch at least one fish today.
                    Sun Fishin'

Comment

Working...
                    X