GoPro2 digital camera...amazing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southerly
    i have a panasonic ts4. while viewing vids with playback feature in-camera, you can pause and save any frame as a still pic. you can also do that while viewing the vids on your computer using the download software that came with the camera. the still frame shots have varying quality and are not nearly as nice as when the camera is in pic mode, or even burst mode. but they pass for photo quality and i don't think most people realize that's the shots i email etc.

the ts4 can shoot 1080 vid in either mpeg4 or avchd format. i use the mpeg4. for ed'g vids, i use windows live movie maker that came on my laptop. it's ok, but i would appreciate a better editor if not for the money,...

my vids look nice on my laptop, or even on tv but look relatively crappy when posted on youtube.
    The problem with Youtube is it has it's own compression software built in...so when you upload a video that you've already compressed, it gets compressed again in Youtube and loses quality. The best way around this is just compressing the raw footage in the highest quality format possible, minimal quality loss. It'll never be as crisp as raw 1080p, but if you've watched 1080p trailers on Youtube before that look nice, you see it's still possible to maintain most of the picture quality. If you want to mess around with Sony Vegas, they have a 30 day free trial at least.
    2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Originally posted by mytmouse View Post
      Just as an FYI You can take great screenshots using VLC Player, it works Great!! And no need for cropping. LOL Also, I had the issue with missing good shots by fooling with my camera(Contour GPS) while trying to catch fish. I just alleviated that by adding an external battery and a bigger Micro SD Card with a 32 GB card I can run my camera for about 7 hrs continuously. I just hit record and let it be... I'm not "usually" on the water that long, but if I do I can just hit record when I get to the fishing ground versus at the launch.
      I must agree with that approach. That way you get all the action. I then toggle through the footage and edit from there. My primary activity is fishing. I let the camera roll on its own.

Between this thread and the other GoPro thread, a 32GB card is plenty for what a battery or even with the extra battery pac will last. The batteries go before the card runs out.

Comment

Originally posted by frettr00 View Post
        If you want to mess around with Sony Vegas, they have a 30 day free trial at least.
        Thats the software I use. It's very extensive, and can do anything you'd want. I don't even know how to do half the features lol! There are some great tutorials on Youtube.
        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Originally posted by wfauby View Post
          i got one of these cameras from my wife and took it out for the first time this past weekend...unfortunately we were snow skiing not fishing, but the quality of the video is amazing. i recommend the product and cant wait to use it fishing.
          Congrats on the gift Metroman, I shoot with 2 cameras One is the gopro2 and the other is an olympus tough camera both are great cameras.
          The accesories that I have with the gopro2 are
          1. The accesorie battery
          2. the waterproof case
          3.Chest strap for stand up fishing
          4. the head strap. This what i use most of the time.
          5. A selection of various size SD cards the largest is 32g.
          The important thing with card selection is the class of the card.If you look at the card there is a number with a circle around it( this is important)
          indicates the the class rating of the card. The rating ranges from 2-10 this indicates the speed of Data Transfer capabilities of the card. For gopro if you shoot is 1080p it is a class 10card recommended. They can be costly but they are worth the money.
          I don't know enough about editing software.
          Hope to see your vids. I've enjoyed your videos.

Comment

I don't know about ease of use, but I use Adobe Premiere Pro. Onece you get the knack of the thing it is easy to use and does a nice job. It is worth a look.
            Last edited by DOGFISH; 01-03-2013, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
              Thats the software I use. It's very extensive, and can do anything you'd want. I don't even know how to do half the features lol! There are some great tutorials on Youtube.
              Neither do I, but it can do some very professional videos. A lot of hollywood films actually use it.
              2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Originally posted by scorpioreno View Post
                Congrats on the gift Metroman
                lol wrong person. I got shirts & ties :-/
                <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
                  lol wrong person. I got shirts & ties :-/
                  OOOP's my bad..... well if you get one, cut and paste my comment. I still like the vids. though.

Comment

Working...
                  X