Rt.50 Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rt.50 Bridge

Seeing as summer is creeping closer and closer I am trying to plan out different areas that I might fish. I was looking around and was thinking about trying out the Rt.50 Bridge in Maryland as well as Assawoman bay. So my question is, is if anyone has had experience in this area and could give me a couple tips and tricks. I saw a video on youtube of a couple people fishing on route 50 bridge and the current looked pretty quick so is it safe to go alone?
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Originally posted by M_Duong60 View Post
    Seeing as summer is creeping closer and closer I am trying to plan out different areas that I might fish. I was looking around and was thinking about trying out the Rt.50 Bridge in Maryland as well as Assawoman bay. So my question is, is if anyone has had experience in this area and could give me a couple tips and tricks. I saw a video on youtube of a couple people fishing on route 50 bridge and the current looked pretty quick so is it safe to go alone?
    You can definitely fish it alone, but it depends how comfortable you are in your kayak. I lived there for a summer and fished the area a lot. Fishing the actual bridge is a lot easier when it's not max flow and without a Hobie I'd say it's really hard regardless, there are a good amount of snags. but there are some nice flounder around the bridge. Caught a 5.5 lber there last summer to take place in a boat tournament.

Comment

Working...
    X