No announcement yet.

Fishing Plans this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to troll some lures around BB, but winds 20 to 25 mph makes fishing on a kayak challenging.We'll see what mother nature brings.

Comment

West side

I'm thinking about exploring the West side of the bay. It may be protected from the west winds. Anyone know of a launch site around Pleasure Island or Hart Miller Island? Like Rocky point, North point or Breezy Point?

Comment

Originally posted by crawdad View Post
        I would like to troll some lures around BB, but winds 20 to 25 mph makes fishing on a kayak challenging.We'll see what mother nature brings.
        hmm...def. will be challenging with those winds. then again, i like a good challenge
        Hobie Revolution 13
        Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Re: West side

Originally posted by wiljack78 View Post
          I'm thinking about exploring the West side of the bay. It may be protected from the west winds. Anyone know of a launch site around Pleasure Island or Hart Miller Island? Like Rocky point, North point or Breezy Point?
          Rocky point has a couple of boat ramps that are easily accessible. Good luck.

Comment

Sounds like an adventure. I'll give it a try on Sat. at high tide if the winds aren't too strong.

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
              HokieDJ--There should be drum at PLO, but I don't have any positive reports yet. This week 2 years ago, I caught several in the 15-16" range there, and some guys on Tidalfish got a bunch there, too, at the same time. I didn't have any hits at all fishing for redfish at St. Jeromes, and I put ~2hrs into it.

You might get lucky with flounder at either place because I've heard they're being caught in nearby pound nets, but I don't know how much of a long shot that is. I had a couple strikes that I think were flounder at St. Jeromes last weekend, but that was only in one spot and nowhere else I tried. Usually, if they're there, they're easy to find. That hasn't been the case this year.
              Looks like I'm going Sunday instead due to better weather. I saw another report on C&R trout and Reds at PLO. I saw Joe caught a red at Breezy pt so I think the reds are finally here? I know LL will work with spots but what other methods are used for Reds? I seen Zara Spooks in reports and that's about it.

Have you tried Cornfield harbor? I still have not caught a keeper flounder this year and in the state of MD! I got a 18" at Hampton Roads but it still still not good enough.

Comment

seen some good reports from PLO, thats where id be if i wasnt head in to the cayman islands in the morning bringing my rods and the resort has kayaks so look out permit here i come.

Jimbo PLO is piont lookout state park in southern MD

tj, john, have fun in the tents big reds in the surf at AI. see you guys in a coupla weeks

Comment

HokieDJ--What time were you thinking on Sunday? I'm revising my thoughts about fishing in the evening given the crappy tides. I'd be up for joining you--2 heads are better than 1 for finding scarce fish.

I caught all my redfish at PLO on 4" Gulp grubs or shrimp. Several were caught by jigging directly under my yak even though the water wasn't that deep. They don't seem to be shy. I've also caught smaller ones on beetle spins tipped with Fish Bites. Lastly, a guy on Tidalfish caught a bunch in 2008 on opening night bass assassins, but that was in a super-secret spot that we could check out if you want.

I haven't tried in Cornfield Harbor too much this year. I only know the location of 1 hump, though. I haven't had any luck in the inlet, which is where I usually catch them. I tried Cornfield Point with my father a few months ago and didn't have a single nibble.

Sam--Slay some fish for me.
                  Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                  Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

The trout stream sounds best. West winds at 15-20, with gusts to 30, on Saturday. Glad I'm working. Sunday sounds a little better but not by much. Working that day too. Some should try the western side of Eastern Bay. That should be somewhat protected. Someone mentioned Spa Creek in Annapolis, in the last few days. You could launch from Truxton Park. That would even be an option as opposed to the open Bay with those type winds. Some hardy fellows in this forum.

If there are some good days during the week, next week, I am going to try some South River trolling. Depends on the wind and weather. Some rain is not that bad, but the wind is a killer. If anyone is interested let me know. I like to go in the afternoon. The best wind is northwest or north for the South River. For now it is a wait and see situation. This time I won't forget my camera.

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
                      HokieDJ--What time were you thinking on Sunday? I'm revising my thoughts about fishing in the evening given the crappy tides. I'd be up for joining you--2 heads are better than 1 for finding scarce fish.

I caught all my redfish at PLO on 4" Gulp grubs or shrimp. Several were caught by jigging directly under my yak even though the water wasn't that deep. They don't seem to be shy. I've also caught smaller ones on beetle spins tipped with Fish Bites. Lastly, a guy on Tidalfish caught a bunch in 2008 on opening night bass assassins, but that was in a super-secret spot that we could check out if you want.

I haven't tried in Cornfield Harbor too much this year. I only know the location of 1 hump, though. I haven't had any luck in the inlet, which is where I usually catch them. I tried Cornfield Point with my father a few months ago and didn't have a single nibble.

Sam--Slay some fish for me.
                      My friend and I are meeting up at 7am and heading out there and probably be around 9am - 9:30 when we get there. We're coming from virginia.
                      If you want to join us, let's plan to meet.

I think I know the hump you are talking about on Cornfield. I remember a spot where in a short distance drifting, it goes from 20ft to 9ft.

Dave

Comment

That sounds good. I'll be there around the same time. It'll be almost high tide by that point then the current will start ebbing. Max ebb will be around 12:30. I've had the most luck fishing those shallow areas around high tide with some current moving. I'm not sure yet if I'll fish Lake Conoy or the Bay side. It'll probably depend on the waves.

Bill
                        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Working...
                        X