Winter Ponderings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Ponderings

Does anyone remember if the earthquake we had a couple of years ago had any effect on the fishing in this area?

Originally posted by BareBones View Post
    Does anyone remember if the earthquake we had a couple of years ago had any effect on the fishing in this area?
    Yeah ....... it shook things up a bit .......

Comment

I was by the eastern rockpile when it hit. Shook the bridge so bad that every single cormorant took a dump at the same time we all looked up to see what the noise was on the bridge. Can't say if it affected the fish, if there were any there they were feeding on the fresh nutrients.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt C-Hawk View Post
        I was by the eastern rockpile when it hit. Shook the bridge so bad that every single cormorant took a dump at the same time we all looked up to see what the noise was on the bridge. Can't say if it affected the fish, if there were any there they were feeding on the fresh nutrients.
        I would've soiled myself too knowing tons of concrete are shaking a few feet above my head.
        2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

IDK but there were a lot of YOY stripers and croaker in the bay this year(;

Comment

Originally posted by Capt C-Hawk View Post
            thats crazy. wish i was out there rather than at a red light in bethesda. i thought it was just wind blowing my truck a bit...until i saw people running out of buildings looking up. notice anyone actually stop on the bridge?

fishing related, i doubt it had any effect on fishing or the ecosystem at all.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BareBones View Post
              Why I was asking about the effects on fishing ,because on a smaller scale the fish in my koi pond stayed down and would not eat for a week to ten days.

Comment

Originally posted by stupidjet View Post
                thats crazy. wish i was out there rather than at a red light in bethesda. i thought it was just wind blowing my truck a bit...until i saw people running out of buildings looking up. notice anyone actually stop on the bridge?

fishing related, i doubt it had any effect on fishing or the ecosystem at all.
                Couldn't see the traffic. We didn't know what it was till we heard on the radio heading home. It made a loud enough noise to make all three of us in the boat look up. Best way I can describe it would be a loaded dump truck bouncing over one of those steel plates used to cover pot holes.

Comment

Working...
                X