Rudder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudder?

I've recently noticed some "slop" or "play" in my rudder steering on the Pro Angler. Has anyone experienced this? When I go to make a turn, I can feel some play in the rudder line before the adjustment takes place. Is there some sort of adjustment where I could possibly take up the slack?
    2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Don;

Take the square black cover off the rudder housing. You will see a half circle plastic drum underneath. There is a screw on each and with a cord wrapped underneath. Loosen the screws. Center the rudder control and the rudder. Hold the cord taut and retighten the screws. Problem solved. The cord stretches a bit over time.

FYI. While you are doing your maintenance, you may want to go over all of the fasteners on the Mirage Drive. You will most likely find many are a bit loose. You will not know it until stuff starts falling off of the drive.

Comment

Thanks Russ. I'm going to try that now. What FF are you using? I'm going to upgrade, was looking at the Elite 4 combo. So many choices though. Trying to get ready for some fishing.
      2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Working...
      X