new to site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to site

want to say Hi to everyone on this forum..New to this area and just reading and researching the forum for tips and gain some knowledge of the fishing area.. been involved with kayak fishing since 2007 fishing out of Houston, tx..fishing the jetties, marshes, and out beyond the breakers in the open ocean of the Gulf of Mexico...since before moving here I sold my malibu extreme and tarpon 160 kayaks..looking to get another kayak and think for this area I'm goin with the Hobie outback and upgrade the drive system to with the turbo fins...Is there any Hobie retailers in the Waldorf, md Area..Hoping to get my kayak and start fishing for stripers and other fishes with everyone on the forum...kinda cool finally found a site I can join..was on a forum in texas called TKF..texaskayakfisherman..now i've moved to maryland ..Marylandkayakfisherman...and MKF stickers with a paddler on it..lol
    Yellow Hobie Outback 2013
    Asian Anglerz
    TexasKayakFisherman

be kinda cool if someone decided to design a cool sticker we can put on our cars to let others know we are MKF'ers..lolz..like the Mason emblems..kayak fishing brothers..lolz...
    Asian Anglerz
    TexasKayakFisherman

Comment

Welcome!
      sigpic

Comment

Welcome Sounds like you might be able to show us some Texas rigs. What area are you in there's a big variety of fishing in Maryland.
        Attached Files
        Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
        Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

I like the sticker daddyg..where can i order me 1.... i'm located in the Waldorf area..willing to travel where the fish are...any suggestions for a retailer for Hobie Kayaks in the area...my local guy here in waldorf dont arry hobie kayaks...
          Asian Anglerz
          TexasKayakFisherman

Comment

I think there all out of stickers for now. I got my Hobie at Back Yard Boats it in Annapolis.
            Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
            Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

welcome! Ryan over at easton cycle has Hobies at 20% off give him a call

Comment

Welcome!

I bought my Hobie from Easton Cycle and Sports. Ryan is a good guy to deal with!
                http://www.eastoncycleandsport.com/

The guys at Backyard boats are also great! Annapolis would be closer to you, but I don't know what deals they have going on now...
                -Mustafa
                ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                2016 Hobie Outback
                2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Good to see another Texan on here!

Lots of good people on here, just like TKF. I am always checking out that site as well.

You will love the outback. I picked mine up in October and absolutely love it. Stable, fast, comfortable, and can carry a big payload. If you are interested, I can send you some pictures of the trolling rod holders I made. Simple, and work great.

Welcome.

Nate.

Comment

thanks everyone! sure echostar...i like to get sum ideas on rigging the kayak the east coast way...hoping to shop around hopefully get my kayak before striper season opens and fishing with my fellow MKF'ers....
                    Asian Anglerz
                    TexasKayakFisherman

Comment

called up Ryan at Easton cycle and sports and got a quote on my Hobie 20% off for the month of Januay...so gonna get down there and order my Hobie from then now i need to find me a nice bright color...Thanks everyone..
                      Cant wait till i get it home and start rigging it...any suggestions on rigging?
                      Asian Anglerz
                      TexasKayakFisherman

Comment

Ryan is a really good guy, you'll like his shop. Careful you don't leave there with a bike.

Comment

Welcome to the east coast!
                          <insert witty comment here>

Comment

which would be faster me going by auak or bike...lol..thanks metroman..
                            Asian Anglerz
                            TexasKayakFisherman

Comment

That is in the process I believe.

Comment

Working...
                              X