Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks

Comment

Did anyone post this up on Tidal Fish, Pier & Surf, SOL, or any of the other forums we follow? There may be some other die-hard kayakers out there that aren't ready to pack it in for the winter just yet...
      Used to fish more.

Comment

12 Grady maybe!

Comment

The gate is on a timer, so I'll be out there early until the timer opens the gate. The gate also opens by key card. I'll let people in until then, and then I'll launch. Anytime later is OK, as the gate will be open for the day. 8:30 is no problem.

I posted the addresses earlier in the thread for Google or Mapquest. In case there is a problem with directions on Google or MapQuet, this will get you there from Rt 50.

If you are comming from West, Rt 50 or Rt 97 you will take Exit 22, Riva Rd.

....from Ritchie Hwy or Rt 50 East take Exit 22

....from Southern, MD. Rt2 South take the exit for Rt. 665 East.

Everyone should now be on the same page, after you take Exit 22 or from Rt 2 to Rt 665, you will continue on Aris T. Allen Blvd. This will take you to Forest Dr. It is the same road it just changes names. When you start to see traffic signals you will then be on Forest Dr. As I said, it is all the same road, just a name change. Continue about 4 to 4.5 miles, you will come to an intersection with a Shell Gas Station on your left and an Exxon Gas Station on your right, make a right turn at that traffic signal. You will now be on Hillsmere Dr. Follow Hillsmere Dr. until you can't go any further. Make a left on Bayview Dr. East. Follow Bayview DR. East for about a half mile until you see the address 133 Bayview Dr. East. The gate (yellow) will be just past that address on the right. If it is early I'll be there to let you in, otherwise if the gate is open drive down to the end of the marina to the sandy area. That is the launch area. I have been asked that we first start to park on the bulkhead side, opposite the boats. If that fills up then park along where the boats are, thats ok. The area just in front of the sandy area is a loading zone, or fire zone, so after your launch please move your vehicle back from that area.

So far the weather looks good. Should be a good day. I know the fish are there.

See all of you soon. Post any other questions you may have.

Its ok to post on other forums. I have been telling people at West Marine.
          Last edited by DOGFISH; 11-09-2010, 03:39 PM.

Comment

I'd be up for the usual big fish competition. I still haven't got my 30-incher yet.

I put a post on Tidalfish. Is there an official start time? I was going try to be there around 6:45, or so.
            Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
            Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

6:45 is fine. I'll be there at 6:30 to let people in the gate.

I don't know all the rules, but I think its a fishing lure for the pot. So I got a lure. There should be some good fish caught.

Comment

Count me in with the M & G...

x2 boats

Comment

Great, will be good to see you there.

Comment

Dogfish ...... what lures do you suggest ........ what type of fishing is usually the most productive ...... techniques?

Comment

Without question, this time of year trolling. Keep in mind I use an electric trolling motor. If you paddle, I would go with bucktails. This way you won't have to paddle all out for hours, like with crankbaits. I tip the bucktails with rubber tails. I use white, yellow and chartreuse. As I wrote earier, you may also want to use live bull minnows on your bucktail. This is a great enticer. The bucktail gets them in close and the bull minnow closes the deal. Bucktails are an all-time favorite. No one should be without bucktails.

My favorites are crankbaits. This time of year, I use mostly Rapala, Lucky Craft and Yo-Zuri. Rapala: I like to use X-Rap or Shad Raps. I use the color Glass Ghost. Lucky Craft: I use a green back with silver scale type silver/chrome color. Yo-Zuri: I use the Crystal Minnow or the Hydro Minnow in silver/black, silver/green or silver/blue. All of these are deep divers, 7-15' depth.

I also use a shallow rattle crankbait. I like the Yo-Zuri Hardcore Drum in a chrome/prizim color. It looks just lide a small menhaden. I also use Strike King Red Eye shad in a shad color. These are lipless crankbaits. Rattle Traps will also work. I put a photo of some of these in a previous post or fishing report. I'll attach the photo below. Keep in mind, whatever baits you select, the fish are primarily feeding on young of the year menhaden. So you will want to match the hatch, so to speak.

For the fall, all of these are typical bass type sizes 3"-5" lures. For the spring, I use larger saltwater series.

For the crankbaits to be effective you must keep them moving at a good rate. So if you are a strong paddler, a peddle kayaker or with an electric, crankbaits are the best this time or year for trolling. However, bucktails will produce a good number of fish. I just like the cranks.

I do like to swap out the hooks for front red and one size larger rear. All hooks in 2 or 3X. This is just someting I do, maybe not needed.

GOOD LUCK, SEE YOU SATURDAY.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by DOGFISH; 11-10-2010, 12:42 PM.

Comment

I forgot to mention. Anyone going out to the lighthouse, weather permitting, could do some live line fishing. However, trolling will cover alot of territory most effectively.

Comment

i wont be able to make it saturday but hopefully ill have myself together to fish next weekend thanks for the lure advice ill have to make a detour next week to bass pro shops.
                          Link to fishing vid, oldie but goodie.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4894489669049#

Comment

Whats the plans for lunch, have we decided on a place yet?
                            Don't know if it works until you try it.

Ocean Kayak Big Game
                            LL Bean Manatee 10

Comment

The places I mentioned were the BoatYard Bar and Grill or Davis Pub. The Boatyard is bigger, and Davis' is a more of a local pub. Both are casual.

I kind of lean towards the Boatyard Bar and Grill, as we can put in a word there to add a kayak category to their spring fishing tournament.

Comment

Hey Dogfish, where is the light house? I didn't see it on the chart.

Thanks,
                                MYT

Comment

Working...
                                X