Route 50 Bridge, MD On Memorial Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Route 50 Bridge, MD On Memorial Day

Not set in stone yet but anyone up for some fishing memorial day weekend?
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Originally posted by M_Duong60 View Post
    Not set in stone yet but anyone up for some fishing memorial day weekend?
    If you're still talking Oc and I can get off ill be out there!
    Malibu stealth 14 with a paddle....still lol

Comment

Yep as long as I have that day off I will be sure to be down there as for now.

Comment

It'll be good to have someone else out on the water with me, looking forward to it!

Comment

Just wondering how successful do you think we will be? I usually don't SW fish this early in the season and am unsure also what does the typical trip look like?

Comment

Oh and will a spinning reel be fine? I haven't had the time or a good reason to get a lever wind/bait-cast reel.

Comment

I don't want to be anywhere close to OC on Memorial day weekend .......... too many people, nuts and traffic etc ....... sorry

Comment

Originally posted by M_Duong60 View Post
                Oh and will a spinning reel be fine? I haven't had the time or a good reason to get a lever wind/bait-cast reel.
                I use mainly spinning outfits on the yak even though I've been liking the conventionals more lately just getting more comfortable with them and they almost seem easier on the yak but its all personal preference for sure so whatever fits your style and your comfy with is what I would do. But blues and shad should be running around the bridge as well as founder and the ever present schoolies will also be around as well that late in may the bigger rock may still be on the beach as well so that's always an option too as well as maybe some smaller reds with them sticking around so far this year (got one 5days ago on assateague) then the occasional weakie too maybe a bit early for them but there's a chance at smaller ones as by catch. Typical trip that weekend would be launch from the dock I told you about maybe try some founder jigging in the west channel and under hoopers docks on the way to the bridge then fish the expansion joints for rock of birds aren't working over shad/blues blitzing which happens a lot this time of year, I guess there's really even tog and micro seabass around then too I think the season for them is 4a day per person till the 15th of may then 2 per person the 16th till October or November I can't remember bit you could Target them as well but then if schoolies don't cooperate and there's no blues or shad I would try for flounder again or if you have some crustaeceans with you then tog around the east channel

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
                  I don't want to be anywhere close to OC on Memorial day weekend .......... too many people, nuts and traffic etc ....... sorry
                  Haha these are truly words of wisdom! Due to work I mainly fish this weekend after 11pm but I've been out before with all the goons and thankfully a lot of people are scared of the pilomgs with their boats but that still doesn't deter some maniacs, I watched a guy with his five kids his wife his what looked like parents and his friends kids and wife try to ride along the pilimgs in his rental pontoon on the middle of an outgoing tide and needless to say they got thier asses handed to them! Slammed the bridge so hard I felt it shake (walking over from park and ride its easier and more scenic most day when the sum is out ) as I was walking over they all fell down pretty hard and dad gets up and starts freaking! Has sin try to push bow off the front piling 20'gaps 24'boat lol they were stuck on two of them with the boat like this against the piling as current rushed under it

l l / it was the craziest thing I've seem besides the gots doing backflips on the single person jet skis in the inlet on standing waves Haha needless to say it is aadhouse that weekend I shoulve mentioned that before I guess I'm just used to it Haha but the beach could be the place to be instead, we also do some toothie fishing from the beach which cam be a bit more umm, exciting if you will at some times, I love the sound of a big shark pulling on the clicked and making it scream

Comment

Originally posted by kayakjoe View Post
                    Haha these are truly words of wisdom! Due to work I mainly fish this weekend after 11pm but I've been out before with all the goons and thankfully a lot of people are scared of the pilomgs with their boats but that still doesn't deter some maniacs, I watched a guy with his five kids his wife his what looked like parents and his friends kids and wife try to ride along the pilimgs in his rental pontoon on the middle of an outgoing tide and needless to say they got thier asses handed to them! Slammed the bridge so hard I felt it shake (walking over from park and ride its easier and more scenic most day when the sum is out ) as I was walking over they all fell down pretty hard and dad gets up and starts freaking! Has sin try to push bow off the front piling 20'gaps 24'boat lol they were stuck on two of them with the boat like this against the piling as current rushed under it

l l / it was the craziest thing I've seem besides the gots doing backflips on the single person jet skis in the inlet on standing waves Haha needless to say it is aadhouse that weekend I shoulve mentioned that before I guess I'm just used to it Haha but the beach could be the place to be instead, we also do some toothie fishing from the beach which cam be a bit more umm, exciting if you will at some times, I love the sound of a big shark pulling on the clicked and making it scream
                    Hey ....... if you're going to be down there anyway then go for it ............ just be careful ......... lots of boats etc. I just wouldn't want to deal with the traffic and everything but I'm sure there will be some guys that will be happy to join you

Comment

Ordered my kayak @ Easton they don't have any yellow in stock..so should have my Hobie outback by next month gotta rig it up do should be ready..gonna try to put it in @ myrtle grove pond for a practice run to familiarize with the kayak..do y'all wear waders while sitting in the kayaks water is chilly around here not like Texas 75+ degrees water temp during the summer lol
                      Yellow Hobie Outback 2013
                      Asian Anglerz
                      TexasKayakFisherman

Comment

yeah there are a couple of threads out about cold water kayaking but in a nutshell yes people do use waders and if i'm not mistaken some use survival suits but most wear waist waders with a dry kayaking top. Personally I just bought a pair of chest waders and wear a hoodie but would buy a dry top if I had the money.

Comment

Hey what baits/ lures are you planning on using? The ones mentioned in the PM? I'm feeling like trying a bucktail with chartruce swimming mullet or white worm

Comment

Or try some live lining if bait is available

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
                              Hey ....... if you're going to be down there anyway then go for it ............ just be careful ......... lots of boats etc. I just wouldn't want to deal with the traffic and everything but I'm sure there will be some guys that will be happy to join you
                              This is the TRUTH! and a lot of the fish hide/swim away. Went last year during a holiday weekend, and a guy working at a pier was telling me everything disappeared once the holiday boat traffic started.

Comment

Working...
                              X