Harrisburg Outdoor Show cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrisburg Outdoor Show cancelled

Just a heads up to all you guys planning on going to the big Eastern Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, February 2 - 10. Looks like it has been cancelled or postponed due to all the recent gun control proposals. Check out the most recent update from show organizers. Looks like there was a huge amount of "stuff" going on behind the scenes that prompted them to delay the event.

http://www.easternsportshow.com/
    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

What happened was the organizers decided to prohibit "assault" weapons and ammo. So a bunch of pro-2A vendors said 'screw you we just won't come' and additional vendors followed suit in support of those the vendors. So that leaves the organizers without any real way of having a show if they wanted to. Loads of visitors decided they would also not attend.

http://www.ammoland.com/2013/01/list...#ixzz2IjeX5RkE
    Last edited by LoudounFisher; 01-24-2013, 08:35 PM.

Comment

And they say gun owners don't have a voice!!!

Comment

We certainly have a voice, the problem is those whom some of us have sent to Capital Hill and Annapolis have selective hearing. Im not trying to start a poop-storm here and i know this forum is about fishing but the SOB that perpetrated that awful crime in Connecticut was not a gun owner...his mother was...and an irresponsible one. He did not use an A/R he used two handguns...left the A/R in the trunk. Im not a member of the NRA and i dont own any "assault" style guns, but i am a licensed MD gun collector and the laws recently passed in NY and likely Maryland will turn me and likely many others of us into criminals (if we dont render certian guns useless) because we own guns that have ONE CHARACHTERISTIC of an "assault weapon"...a pistol grip (think of your turkey shotguns) or an external clip, that hangs below the stock (think of your Marlin or Savage 22's) regardless of caliber. Im not necessarily PRO-A\R ownership but they are chipping away at the Constitution. My 2 cents
        Jackson - BIG TUNA

Comment

Yup its true. Its all over the sale of assault weapons and parts for them. This really SUCKS!!!!! I'm a card coating NRA member and. This may just break the camels back for me and send in my card. I along with thousands of people like me go for more than the assault weapons... I have been waiting all year for this and its gone. I am tired of the politicians telling me how I can no longer enjoy my sports!!!!
          Tom Brown
          Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
          2012 Hobie PA 14'
          Ocean Kayak Tident 13
          2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

I wonder when "Peta" will get all the bleeding hearts in DC to declare sport fishing as cruilty?

Comment

Do you REALLY want a political discussion on a Kayak Fishing board.

THe whole thing is stupid. Who the HELL needs an assault rifle or even a 10 round clip. The only argument has been because the 2nd amendment gives us the right so we can protect against the government. REALLY !!!! ........ if that's the case then every household should have the right to rocket launchers, stinger missiles and anti tank guns because that is what it would take to resist a government today. Then we can join the other 3rd world countries.

When the Constitution was written there were smooth bore flint locks and smooth bore cannons. In fact, the colonialists in many cases had the better rifles because they had the small bore longer barrel small game rifles that had longer range and more accuracy. Today an assault rifle will do little against an army equipped with drones, the latest small weapons, 50 cal sniper guns and tanks. In fact the shotguns and deer rifles would be just as effective in many cases.

During both the Afghan and Iraq wars there was a total of less than 5000 Americans killed ............ during the same period there were about 80,000 people were killed by guns within the US. It just makes sense to at least modestly limit access to weapons and clips that serve no purpose other than to kill people .......... just like 50 cal sniper rifles, RPG's, stinger missiles and anti tank guns ............. Nobody is talking about handguns for protection or hunting guns.

Oh ........ and I have about 30 guns and hundreds of rounds ........

Now ....... let's go back to talking Kayak fishing

Comment

Originally posted by BareBones View Post
                I wonder when "Peta" will get all the bleeding hearts in DC to declare sport fishing as cruilty?
                That won't happen

Comment

Memory Maker - i dont want to have a politcal discussion, but i do want to inform law abiding sportsman...below is an excerpt from the NY legislation, that describes what an "assault weapon" is in NY now. It is basically any semi-automatic, rifle, SHOTGUN or PISTOL, that has any ONE of the stated characteristics. They do specifically EXCLUDE arms that are operated by PUMP, BOLT or LEVER. They failed to mention flintlock. Do you have any semi autos? Dont take them to NY. If it wasnt freezing outside we would all be fishing instead of watching our legislators. Im not grasping onto my bible and guns for dear life and i too want sensible legislation but a 10 round clip in a Ruger 10/22 is now forbiden. It also bother me when i hear an elected official say "the legislation wont stop Americans from owning A gun if they want to"....and their voice puts inflection on the word "A". Dont kid yourself, it could happen. If they can say just because a gun holds 10 rds its an assault weapon why cant they say the only weapon allowed has to the bullet place in the barrell at the opening and pushed into the breech with a rod? Just saying....come on spring.

The upper/lower case text is the old law...ALL UPPER CASE IS THE NEW

S 37. Subdivision 22 of section 265.00 of the penal law, as added by
                  chapter 189 of the laws of 2000, is amended to read as follows:
                  22. "Assault weapon" means [(a) a semiautomatic rifle that has an
                  ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the
                  following characteristics:
                  (i) a folding or telescoping stock;
                  (ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of
                  the weapon;
                  (iii) a bayonet mount;
                  (iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a
                  flash suppressor;
                  (v) a grenade launcher; or
                  (b) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least two of the following
                  characteristics:
                  (i) a folding or telescoping stock;
                  (ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of
                  the weapon;
                  (iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of five rounds;
                  (iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine; or
                  (c) a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable
                  magazine and has at least two of the following characteristics:
                  S. 2230 18 A. 2388
                  (i) an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the
                  pistol grip;
                  (ii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash
                  suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;
                  (iii) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encir-
                  cles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with
                  the nontrigger hand without being burned;
                  (iv) a manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is
                  unloaded;
                  (v) a semiautomatic version of an automatic rifle, shotgun or firearm;
                  or
                  (d) any of the weapons, or functioning frames or receivers of such
                  weapons, or copies or duplicates of such weapons, in any caliber, known
                  as:
                  (i) Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (all
                  models);
                  (ii) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil;
                  (iii) Beretta Ar70 (SC-70);
                  (iv) Colt AR-15;
                  (v) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, and FNC;
                  (vi) SWD M-10, M-11, M-11/9, and M-12;
                  (vii) Steyr AUG;
                  (viii) INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9 and TEC-22; and
                  (ix) revolving cylinder shotguns, such as (or similar to) the Street
                  Sweeper and Striker 12;
                  (e) provided, however, that such term does not include: (i) any rifle,
                  shotgun or pistol that (A) is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever or
                  slide action; (B) has been rendered permanently inoperable; or (C) is an
                  antique firearm as defined in 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(16);
                  (ii) a semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine
                  that holds more than five rounds of ammunition;
                  (iii) a semiautomatic shotgun that cannot hold more than five rounds
                  of ammunition in a fixed or detachable magazine;
                  (iv) a rifle, shotgun or pistol, or a replica or a duplicate thereof,
                  specified in Appendix A to section 922 of 18 U.S.C. as such weapon was
                  manufactured on October first, nineteen hundred ninety-three. The mere
                  fact that a weapon is not listed in Appendix A shall not be construed to
                  mean that such weapon is an assault weapon; or
                  (v) a semiautomatic rifle, a semiautomatic shotgun or a semiautomatic
                  pistol or any of the weapons defined in paragraph (d) of this subdivi-
                  sion lawfully possessed prior to September fourteenth, nineteen hundred
                  ninety-four.]
                  (A) A SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLE THAT HAS AN ABILITY TO ACCEPT A DETACHABLE
                  MAGAZINE AND HAS AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS:
                  (I) A FOLDING OR TELESCOPING STOCK;
                  (II) A PISTOL GRIP THAT PROTRUDES CONSPICUOUSLY BENEATH THE ACTION OF
                  THE WEAPON;
                  (III) A THUMBHOLE STOCK;
                  (IV) A SECOND HANDGRIP OR A PROTRUDING GRIP THAT CAN BE HELD BY THE
                  NON-TRIGGER HAND;
                  (V) A BAYONET MOUNT;
                  (VI) A FLASH SUPPRESSOR, MUZZLE BREAK, MUZZLE COMPENSATOR, OR THREADED
                  BARREL DESIGNED TO ACCOMMODATE A FLASH SUPPRESSOR, MUZZLE BREAK, OR
                  MUZZLE COMPENSATOR;
                  (VII) A GRENADE LAUNCHER; OR
                  S. 2230 19 A. 2388
                  (B) A SEMIAUTOMATIC SHOTGUN THAT HAS AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING
                  CHARACTERISTICS:
                  (II) A THUMBHOLE STOCK;
                  (III) A SECOND HANDGRIP OR A PROTRUDING GRIP THAT CAN BE HELD BY THE
                  NON-TRIGGER HAND;
                  (IV) A FIXED MAGAZINE CAPACITY IN EXCESS OF SEVEN ROUNDS;
                  (V) AN ABILITY TO ACCEPT A DETACHABLE MAGAZINE; OR
                  (C) A SEMIAUTOMATIC PISTOL THAT HAS AN ABILITY TO ACCEPT A DETACHABLE
                  MAGAZINE AND HAS AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS:
                  (II) A THUMBHOLE STOCK;
                  (III) A SECOND HANDGRIP OR A PROTRUDING GRIP THAT CAN BE HELD BY THE
                  NON-TRIGGER HAND;
                  (IV) CAPACITY TO ACCEPT AN AMMUNITION MAGAZINE THAT ATTACHES TO THE
                  PISTOL OUTSIDE OF THE PISTOL GRIP;
                  (V) A THREADED BARREL CAPABLE OF ACCEPTING A BARREL EXTENDER, FLASH
                  SUPPRESSOR, FORWARD HANDGRIP, OR SILENCER;
                  (VI) A SHROUD THAT IS ATTACHED TO, OR PARTIALLY OR COMPLETELY ENCIR
                  CLES, THE BARREL AND THAT PERMITS THE SHOOTER TO HOLD THE FIREARM WITH
                  THE NON-TRIGGER HAND WITHOUT BEING BURNED;
                  (VII) A MANUFACTURED WEIGHT OF FIFTY OUNCES OR MORE WHEN THE PISTOL IS
                  UNLOADED; OR
                  (VIII) A SEMIAUTOMATIC VERSION OF AN AUTOMATIC RIFLE, SHOTGUN OR
                  FIREARM;
                  (D) A REVOLVING CYLINDER SHOTGUN;
                  (E) A SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLE, A SEMIAUTOMATIC SHOTGUN OR A SEMIAUTOMATIC
                  PISTOL OR WEAPON DEFINED IN SUBPARAGRAPH (V) OF PARAGRAPH (E) OF SUBDI
                  VISION TWENTY-TWO OF SECTION 265.00 OF THIS CHAPTER AS ADDED BY CHAPTER
                  ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY-NINE OF THE LAWS OF TWO THOUSAND AND OTHERWISE
                  LAWFULLY POSSESSED PURSUANT TO SUCH CHAPTER OF THE LAWS OF TWO THOUSAND
                  PRIOR TO SEPTEMBER FOURTEENTH, NINETEEN HUNDRED NINETY-FOUR;
                  (F) A SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLE, A SEMIAUTOMATIC SHOTGUN OR A SEMIAUTOMATIC
                  PISTOL OR WEAPON DEFINED IN PARAGRAPH (A), (B) OR (C) OF THIS SUBDIVI
                  SION, POSSESSED PRIOR TO THE DATE OF ENACTMENT OF THE CHAPTER OF THE
                  LAWS OF TWO THOUSAND THIRTEEN WHICH ADDED THIS PARAGRAPH;
                  (G) PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THAT SUCH TERM DOES NOT INCLUDE:
                  (I) ANY RIFLE, SHOTGUN OR PISTOL THAT (A) IS MANUALLY OPERATED BY
                  BOLT, PUMP, LEVER OR SLIDE ACTION; (B) HAS BEEN RENDERED PERMANENTLY
                  INOPERABLE; OR (C) IS AN ANTIQUE FIREARM AS DEFINED IN 18 U.S.C.
                  921(A)(16);
                  (II) A SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLE THAT CANNOT ACCEPT A DETACHABLE MAGAZINE
                  THAT HOLDS MORE THAN FIVE ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION;
                  (III) A SEMIAUTOMATIC SHOTGUN THAT CANNOT HOLD MORE THAN FIVE ROUNDS
                  OF AMMUNITION IN A FIXED OR DETACHABLE MAGAZINE; OR
                  (IV) A RIFLE, SHOTGUN OR PISTOL, OR A REPLICA OR A DUPLICATE THEREOF,
                  SPECIFIED IN APPENDIX A TO 18 U.S.C. 922 AS SUCH WEAPON WAS MANUFACTURED
                  ON OCTOBER FIRST, NINETEEN HUNDRED NINETY-THREE. THE MERE FACT THAT A
                  WEAPON IS NOT LISTED IN APPENDIX A SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED TO MEAN THAT
                  SUCH WEAPON IS AN ASSAULT WEAPON;
                  (V) ANY WEAPON VALIDLY REGISTERED PURSUANT TO SUBDIVISION SIXTEEN-A OF
                  SECTION 400.00 OF THIS CHAPTER. SUCH WEAPONS SHALL BE SUBJECT TO THE
                  PROVISIONS OF PARAGRAPH (H) OF THIS SUBDIVISION;
                  (VI) ANY FIREARM, RIFLE, OR SHOTGUN THAT WAS MANUFACTURED AT LEAST
                  FIFTY YEARS PRIOR TO THE CURRENT DATE, BUT NOT INCLUDING REPLICAS THERE
                  Jackson - BIG TUNA

Comment

And Why do you need a 10 round clip on a Ruger 10/22 ........ stop looking for the boogie man ........ this is a kayak fishing board

Now let's talk Kayak fishing

I recently bought a floating set of coveralls to replace my life preserver ........ anybody use something other than a life preserver?

Comment

Working...
                    X