Kayak Bass Fishing Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayak Bass Fishing Club

I am getting pretty into bass fishing over the past 2 years, and this year im looking into getting on with a club and fishing as a non boater

If that is not possible i had an idea of started a kayak bass fishing club

and running with that same type of rules and regs are usually bass clubs. tournaments. no annual club fees or anything but having money type tournaments all in good fun.

My goal is to be a little competitive, but like 20 dollar buy ins for tounrys. and to pay 1st n 2nd with a possible angler or the year pot.

but my main goal is to be experimental and information for all who want to try and learn, and or pass on information..

i guess the reason for my post is to see if anyone would be interested in such a thing.
    Zach Moore
    Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
    Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
    Bait Towel Pro Staff
    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Take a look at this thread. A series of kayak bass fishing tournaments is starting up this year.

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...urnament-Dates
    Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

I seen that, but im trying to make a club. were we meet, make our own events. were we want to fish. make it more personal
      Zach Moore
      Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
      Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
      Bait Towel Pro Staff
      2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
      YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Im down bud just let me kno how to get in

Comment

that sounds like a fine idea and i would be interested in it from the prospective of the possibility of fishing new waters, meeting new friends, etc. but as a former bass tourney angler here are a few things to consider...how would weigh-ins be handled? no live wells...all tourneys are paper tourneys where anglers score themselves based on length and the "golden rule" scale? i have done this and it is successful but nomally two guys are on a boat. You could run the tourney like the upcoming Flats Jamboree, where you are issued a # and you must take a pic of you/fish & #...but that could be time consuming, downloading a bunch of pics, etc to determine a winner.
          Jackson - BIG TUNA

Comment

I don't know about the tourney stuff, but im interested in a club. I've been bass fishing all my life and I'm always happy to meet new people with similar interests!
            2013 Jackson Kayak Cuda 12 "Penny"

Comment

Am I missing something? Isn't this website a club already?

Comment

I suppose, by the definition I just used, that its most definitely a club....
                2013 Jackson Kayak Cuda 12 "Penny"

Comment

I am currently with a bass fishing club, "Pro-formance fishing team" registered with Maryland bass nation. We do boaters and non-boaters. It's 50$ to register with bass nation and 55$ quarterly or 200$ for the year to be a member. 10 club tournaments a year. If you would like to know more, Bill Shepard is our club secretary, real nice guy he'll be glad to tell you more about it. pftbass@yahoo.com
                  I have been a member with the club for a year now, and I can say all the guys can teach you alot about there tricks, tips, and techniques. And they are a real fun group of guys to fish with.
                  Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
                  -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
                  -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

I forgot to mention, that each tournament has a cash prize for lunker, and 1st-3rd place prize money. We don't live well fish, unless you are boating alone, we go by the "golden rule" scale. For size. At the end of the year plaques are given out to the fishermen with the most weight and they get to represent our team for the Mr Maryland bass tournament.
                    Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
                    -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole

Comment

I would be interested in the bass club, but I do not see a whole lot of traffic in the MKF "Bass Group" page though. Also, I recently join the "Harford county local" group and read some past posts stating MKF was not too keen about splitting into smaller groups and alienating the rest of the forum. Then again, I am a newer member and would jump on any opportunity to get on the water.
                      2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                      2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                      2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Originally posted by Turtle135 View Post
                        Take a look at this thread. A series of kayak bass fishing tournaments is starting up this year.

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...urnament-Dates
                        This is the 1st year of the Series, hopefully in the coming years events can be added with new locations all over the mid atlantic region and it can turn into a year around deal, maybe even have separate regions with a championship.. I hope all of you that posted on this thread that have an interest in bass fishing will come and fish these events. Will be cash prizes and sponsor donated prize for largest bass.

Comment

Looks like fun, ill be going!
                          Jason

Comment

Working...
                          X