Crabs: Are they still around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crabs: Are they still around?

I might give this a try from the kayak on Saturday if the crabs are still around. Have they moved on to deeper water yet?

If I could come home with crab, the wife would URGE me to go out in the yak more often lol...
    <insert witty comment here>

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
    I might give this a try from the kayak on Saturday if the crabs are still around. Have they moved on to deeper water yet?

If I could come home with crab, the wife would URGE me to go out in the yak more often lol...
    Soooooo ......... your wife wants you to come home with crabs ......... Hmmmm !!!!!

Sorry ...... just couldn't let that one go by ........

Comment

LOL!! I left that door wide open
      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

I saw a couple commercial guys loading up 10 bushels of crabs while fishing yesterday. I don't know where they were crabbing but they sure had some. I would guess they moved to deeper water but i never crab so what do i know

Comment

I met a couple guys in a small boat today at PLO. They were crabbing in the inlet due to the rough water in the river. They had about a 1/4 bushel of large crabs in 3 hrs working about a dozen traps. Not sure if it is legal to drop pots in an inlet but no one else was on the water and they did well.

Comment

Crabbing

I was on the Severn last Sun and kept about 2 dozen. Barely worth the time - what made it enjoyable was the beautiful weather.
            Word of caution - be legal. I cop stopped me and checked for my licenses and inspected my catch. It just so happens I had just caught and tossed into my "keeper" trap a female crab. I don't keep them and this was purely an accident. Moments later the cop finds it and writes me a warning ticket. I explained to her that once I am done checking my traps I head to shore and inspect my catch there as it's difficult in a kayak. She had little sympathy other than writing me a warning vs a fine.

Comment

Working...
            X