pre spawn yp 2/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre spawn yp 2/10

im planing to do some pre spawn yellow perch fishing sunday on the magothy if any one wants to join. i have bin dong fairly well from shore this week with a handful of keepers each day but i would like to be able to fish more water in hopes of finding some bigger ones for a fish fry.

Where do you launch from?

Comment

beachwood park not the best launch place or at my buddy's house

Comment

no perch for me today, but did get into some pickerel at beachwood. There were a lot of shore fisherman catching nothing. Were you there? Saw someone had a yak in their pickup bed.
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

that was me. i dident go out in the yak was to much skim ice

Comment

Originally posted by donkey fish View Post
            that was me. i dident go out in the yak was to much skim ice
            The skim ice on the Severn was much more of an issue yesterday than I expected. I launched from Jonas Green at 1:00. I assumed that with the sun out all morning much of the ice would be melted -- not so. I visited a tributary where I had fished a few days ago. On that cold day, the tributary was about 90% clear. Today, it was the opposite -- 90% covered. I worked a few narrow stretches of open water, and needed to ice-break through 100 ft to get to the next open patch. The breeze moved me faster than I wanted. Over the next 90 mins, some of the ice melted away leaving about 60% ice cover. I was able to gain access to a few more spots where I expected to find pickerel, and eventually caught 4 of them and had a few stolen minnows on other casts. But the cool air and breeze were relentless -- my hands got too cold, so I packed it in. Given the conditions, I was not disappointed with 4 pickerel.
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
            X