New to me Outback.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to me Outback.

After paddling my pungo for a very long time I have added a Hobie outback to my fleet. I know that" how to rig a Hobie" has been done to death, but if anyone whats to give advice or show me old threads it would be helpful.

Congrats on the outback. I love mine. Can't be beat IMO. Extremely versatile fishing machine with endless rigging options like most yaks. As far as rigging goes, I would just get it out on the water a couple times and see what you think would work best for YOU and the type of fishing you do most. Personally, for me, less is more. I have found lots of good ideas on here, google, YouTube, hobies website, and other kayak fishing sites. With some thought, any idea from any kayak can be made to fit yours. Just get creative. PM me if you would like any help or thoughts on an idea. I'd be glad to help.

Comment

Congrats on getting one of the finest fishing yaks ever made. You will love the mirage drive system that allows you to fish most of the time and keeps your hands free to catch more fish. If you have any specific questions after you take yakfisher's advice just post them here and we will be glad to assist you.
      http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
      484-459-9863
      If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
      *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Comment

Check out GearTrac mounting systems. You can pretty much mount anything to them, just be creative. I have 2 12'' on each side. 1 side has a rod holder and go pro mount. The other has a rod holder, transducer mount and fishfinder. The GearTracs are modular so you're not permanently attaching rod holders or other mounts directly to the boat, makes upgrades and swapping out easier.

I run a YakAttack Visicarbon Pro (Orange flag and light) attached to a mightymount at the stern.

For power I have 1 of these - http://www.kayakfishingsupplies.com/...e-Power/Detail Kinda pricey but well worth it.

A great upgrade for the Hobie's are the front hatch liner and deep buckets. I'd recommend the Mirage Drive leash also.

I can list out the exact parts I have if you want. But what works for me might not for you, just falls under personal preference I guess.

Enjoy the new Outback!
        Dave
        2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

Working...
        X