Launch from Hemingways around 7am.
    -Jimbo-

Berkley Powerpro - 100 yrd spool - 30#
    Berkley Powerpro - 100 yrd spool - 20#
    Fishbites - Saltwater version

How'd it go?
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Got there at 7am and it was windy. There were no spot to be found, or at least I couldn't find them. The wind was blowing out of the SW and there was a lot of chop. I trolled blades, rattle traps and buck tails and jigged most of the old bridge pilings out to the secondary channel, prayed a little too. I got skunked in the morning and nobody appeared to be doing much. A guy was out there for his first time fishing on a kayak. He got a couple of 15" stripers at the end of the bridge on the corner of NW corner on the rocks. Went back out mid afternoon and fished to sunset. I used a bucktail with a mister twister and fished the pilings of the old bridge again. I got 6 from 19" to23".

So, feeling like I redeemed myself with the afternoon bite, I went out again Sunday, and I mean all Sunday. I got on the water at sunrise, and got off the water at sunset. I threw everything I had at them an could only muster a couple of smaller 16"ish. Again, not many fish were being caught. But the big score was meeting a veteran kayak fisherman who has a wealth of knowledge not only fishing the BB, which he's been doing for 7 years, but has a significant amount of experience kayak fishing the entire region. He has now registered with Maryland Kayak Fishing as toadfinger. Btw, he got 23" and 31" rocks last night.
      All in all, a slow weekend at the BB.
      -Jimbo-

Comment

Thanks for the report. I see the persistence paid off on Saturday!

Welcome to toadfinger!
        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Wow, that was a fishing marathon. Thanks for the report. Did you catch your fish jigging the pilings or were you trolling the bucktail by them?
          Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
          Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

I caught them jigging the pilings. I'm still recovering from the marathon.
            -Jimbo-

Comment

Jimbo that's a serious marathon. Been fishing from shore any lately?
              Used to fish more.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                I caught them jigging the pilings. I'm still recovering from the marathon.
                So the spot have left BB? I know they were still plenty in St Jerome's Creek.

Comment

I fished over at old Bob's spot two Thursdays ago 8pm-10pm on an incoming tide. The action is heating up over there. I got 4, 18-22 bouncing a BA on the bottom. I could have caught dinks at will in the surface with a snow flake fly.

I couldn't find any spot at the BB at the usual (for me) places, but I heard they should be out and around the middle rock pile.
                  -Jimbo-

Comment

Nice...thanks for the report. I guess livelining is done. Time to start trolling pretty soon!
                    Hobie Revolution 13
                    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                      I couldn't find any spot at the BB at the usual (for me) places, but I heard they should be out and around the middle rock pile.
                      Where is the middle rock pile?

Comment

The rockpile is on the Sandy Point side of the bridge near the shipping channel. It's about 2 miles from the lighthouse to the rocks... A long paddle against the tide and wind if you make bad decisions like me...
                        Used to fish more.

Comment

Working...
                        X