No announcement yet.

New guy to the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your available this saturday Xlowper we are trying to get together at Sandy Point. It would be a good opportunity to try out some livelining: catch spot, keep in livewell, then use as live bait to catch rockfish and blues. definitely the best technique for this time of year. Very fun and can use quite light tackle to make for an exciting fight.

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
      If your available this saturday Xlowper we are trying to get together at Sandy Point. It would be a good opportunity to try out some livelining: catch spot, keep in livewell, then use as live bait to catch rockfish and blues. definitely the best technique for this time of year. Very fun and can use quite light tackle to make for an exciting fight.

Gimme the details - I want to show up.

I don't have a livewell - mainly light freshwater (light) tackle. Hence my earlier posts - I don't know what I need. My heavier stuff for salmon is in Mich.

Comment

I don't have a live well either, I use a stringer to keep the spot on and just keep them in the water.

Tackle wise Medium or even light action rod and reel.
        I use 5' of 25lb line as a leader. you can use a weight or no weight, kinda depends where your fishing. I have not fished SPSP, so not sure whats best, but all the Charter Boats I work with typically rig half the rods with weights and half without.
        And then I like to use between a 5/0 to 7/0 circle hook.

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
          I don't have a live well either, I use a stringer to keep the spot on and just keep them in the water.

Tackle wise Medium or even light action rod and reel.
          I use 5' of 25lb line as a leader. you can use a weight or no weight, kinda depends where your fishing. I have not fished SPSP, so not sure whats best, but all the Charter Boats I work with typically rig half the rods with weights and half without.
          And then I like to use between a 5/0 to 7/0 circle hook.

Let me check with the wife later in the week but I believe I am in. For me the earlier the better - what time do you head out?

I can head to BassPro this week for some things - what style weights doI need? (Got I hate asking so many seemingly simple quetions).

Comment

I don't know haha, it will be my first time at the bridge too, so we are waiting for Grilled Sardine and Stupidjet the let us know the details.

But you can get a 3-way swivel, attach maybe a 2-3oz. weight off one the line the other and the leader and hook off the last. and if your going to bass pro those guys are always willing to helping they could definitely show you how to set up a live lining rig.

there are different set ups but all pretty similar

Comment

not sure about time yet...will let you know on friday Most likely in the morning around 6 or 7. 2-3oz weights will do, 6/0 hooks to live line, and a high low rig with small hooks for spot.
              Hobie Revolution 13
              Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

i have a trolling bait bucket that i dont use if anybody needs it.

i usually use an airator to and a bucket to keep the spot alive. it works pretty well.
                Hobie Revolution 13
                Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

does it everybody does it differently. for example, grilled sardine used different terminal tackle then me for live lining, jigging and trolling.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Grilled Sardine View Post
                    not sure about time yet...will let you know on friday Most likely in the morning around 6 or 7. 2-3oz weights will do, 6/0 hooks to live line, and a high low rig with small hooks for spot.

Please do - I want to join you guys.

Comment

Will people be there?

Comment

Meeting tomorrow at Anglers Tackle shop at 7am to go out at SPSP.Hopw to see everyone there.

Comment

Working...
                        X