Pro Angler Re-Entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Angler Re-Entry

I was searching Youtube and found this video to be quit interesting for PA owners. Personally I've been wanting to do this for some time. I have practiced re-entry from stern and find it's easier than port or starboard entry. The guy in the video however does a good job re-entering from starboard. Surprisingly he was able to flip his PA that was partially filled with water. Crazy! This season I hope to practice re-entry on my PA and probably without any gear on board. I'll save my gear for the main event!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ec5g5L5oxw
    Yellow Submarine - Hobie PA
    Stealth Green Tarpon 140
    Orange Koho Perception

Thanks for posting. That was interesting.
    Hobie Pro Angler 12
    WS Classic Pungo 12

"Ocean - A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills." Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Watching that video made me wonder if it would have been easier for him if he had previously drilled 1-2 drain hole in his hatch liner. What do you guys think?

Comment

I saw something awhile back on this. A hatch seal was made out of neoprene material, (like an exercise mat), and fit to the underside of the hatch lid. Said to have improved the seal.

I'd be reluctant to drill holes in the liner myself. You would still have the water in the hull and maybe more.
        Hobie Pro Angler 12
        WS Classic Pungo 12

"Ocean - A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills." Ambrose Bierce

Comment

I came across this pic and thought it was great!PA surfboard.JPG
          Hobie Pro Angler 12
          WS Classic Pungo 12

Comment

leashed rods and a bungied crate wouldn't help the flip i suppose. but that's what happens when a barge takes on water, lol. i kid

i honestly cant remember how much water my revo took on flipping, but reminds me of practicing self rescue. the last time i turtled was at the self rescue practice gathering surfdog got together at spsp a few years back.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X