Fishing after the MKF Flea Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing after the MKF Flea Market

After talking to Tom, I'm looking forward to the flea market this weekend!

It's a particularly long drive for me and I figured it would be a shame to drive all the way out there and not complete the day by fishing for a few hours.

I don't know the area well so I'm reaching out to the group to get advice on where to fish in the area (and for what) as well as see who else would be interested to fish after the flea market.
    -Mustafa
    ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
    2016 Hobie Outback
    2012 Hobie Revolution 13
    "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

If you can't find anybody to fish we have a table at Bass Pro to represent Maryland Kayak Fishing. I will have all the whistles and bells on my PA it might look like a circus boat for the display but that the nice about the track system it all comes off.
    Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
    Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
      After talking to Tom, I'm looking forward to the flea market this weekend!

It's a particularly long drive for me and I figured it would be a shame to drive all the way out there and not complete the day by fishing for a few hours.

I don't know the area well so I'm reaching out to the group to get advice on where to fish in the area (and for what) as well as see who else would be interested to fish after the flea market.
      AbuMasgouf, what are you thinking time wise? 3-5? Let me know the timeframe and I'll see if I can manage it.

Outback 2015
      Maui

Comment

Originally posted by daddyg View Post
        If you can't find anybody to fish we have a table at Bass Pro to represent Maryland Kayak Fishing. I will have all the whistles and bells on my PA it might look like a circus boat for the display but that the nice about the track system it all comes off.
        Yeah I was originally planning for it but honestly I haven't fished for 2 weeks and I'm going nuts!! LOL! and Saturday is the only day I can do it.

Originally posted by Goody View Post
        AbuMasgouf, what are you thinking time wise? 3-5? Let me know the timeframe and I'll see if I can manage it.
        Yup was thinking around 3-5 give or take. Donkey Fish reached out and suggested Magothy River. Probably launching from Beechwood Park or any other place he suggests. I guess stay tuned on this thread
        -Mustafa
        2016 Hobie Outback
        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

If you don't want to deal with hauling your kayak and gear all the way there, you can always drive 5-10 minutes away from the flea market and shoreline fish at Beechwood Park.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
            If you don't want to deal with hauling your kayak and gear all the way there, you can always drive 5-10 minutes away from the flea market and shoreline fish at Beechwood Park.
            That did cross my mind John but the guilt I have every morning when I look at my kayak staring at me with sad eyes is too strong! LOL!!!

Beechwood Park is where we're going to launch from... if that doesn't work then maybe launch into weems instead.

Are you able to fish that time John?
            -Mustafa
            2016 Hobie Outback
            2012 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

That did cross my mind John but the guilt I have every morning when I look at my kayak staring at me with sad eyes is too strong! LOL!!!

Beechwood Park is where we're going to launch from... if that doesn't work then maybe launch into weems instead.

I fished from shore at beachwood once. At this time of year it can be crowded along the shore line. You will have to wheel your kayak into the woods and then down a small cliff.....

Comment

Can park on Magothy Bridge and shore fish under the bridge...

Comment

I have a brother visiting from out of town and will not be able to fish on Sat. We will have a table at the flea market however.

I made my first visit to Beechwood last Sat about 4:30. There were just 5 anglers fishing from the shore, and nobody caught anything for the next 45 mins. They told me that the bite had been better earlier in the day.
                  John Veil
                  Annapolis
                  Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
                    I fished from shore at beachwood once. At this time of year it can be crowded along the shore line. You will have to wheel your kayak into the woods and then down a small cliff.....
                    you can avoid the small cliff by going about 50 yards down the road there its just a downhill/up hill and about half the distance to the water. i launch out of there fairly often without a cart.
                    Last edited by donkey fish; 02-27-2013, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X