Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

finally ready for the weather to warm up..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally ready for the weather to warm up..

Thanks to all I've finally got my kayak...So just need to rig up a few things and I will be ready to go fishing...
    Attached Files
    Yellow Hobie Outback 2013
    Asian Anglerz
    TexasKayakFisherman

You're ready. The addiction begins now.

Comment

Yup lets see how you handle the east coast...what was it like fishing in Texas? Did you fish the big oil rigs?
      Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

I still have that warm and fuzzy feeling, I don't think it ever disappears
        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

It'll be a few more months for me. I usually wait for the water temps to hit the 50s. It's going to be a long 2+ months.....
          2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Nice. Time for fish-on.

Outback 2015
            Maui

Comment

What did y'all just say?!?! Wait till the water temp gets to 50?!?!? In Texas we would wait till the water temp gets to the magical number 70 then the fish won't have lock jaw from the cold.. We would wait till it gets to above 75 before we head out 1.5 miles offshore to hit the platforms for king mackerel, red snapper, cobia, and sharks.. Some of them have Hobie adventure islands and they head out 4-5 miles offshore... Think it's time to bring out the waders if the waters that cold or my rain gear.. Goin to be interesting but I'm always up for something new...Tight lines everyone.
              Yellow Hobie Outback 2013
              Asian Anglerz
              TexasKayakFisherman

Comment

Originally posted by Paddle4fish View Post
                What did y'all just say?!?! Wait till the water temp gets to 50?!?!? In Texas we would wait till the water temp gets to the magical number 70 then the fish won't have lock jaw from the cold.. We would wait till it gets to above 75 before we head out 1.5 miles offshore to hit the platforms for king mackerel, red snapper, cobia, and sharks.. Some of them have Hobie adventure islands and they head out 4-5 miles offshore... Think it's time to bring out the waders if the waters that cold or my rain gear.. Goin to be interesting but I'm always up for something new...Tight lines everyone.
                I believe 55 degrees is when the big spring stripers start spawning and that pretty much marks the start of the fishing season for me since things only heat up from there.
                2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Working...
                X