Checking in - new yak this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking in - new yak this year

Lots going on the past several months with a new job and the death of my dad. So I have been pretty much non-fishing since last fall. Plus the weather keeps my lame self from going out too.

I just sold my Jackson Big Tuna last weekend and turned right around and bought the 2013 Cuda. It's a really nice boat with lots of great trimmings. I'm hoping to get my trolley and rudder installed this week sometime and maybe come out for the meet and greet.

Take care - see you around

Cuda14.jpg
    Don Haller
    Chesapeake Beach, MD
    Blaze Orange, Jackson Kayak "Cuda 14"

“There can’t be good living, where there is not good drinking.”
    – Benjamin Franklin

Good luck and hope to see you out on the water soon.

Outback 2015
    Maui

Comment

Very nice! Plan on adding the 12ft'r this spring myself!

Comment

Looks like it will serve for well... looks like it has a ton of storage.
        Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Yeah, I think Jackson has done well with their designs. Plus this year they added additional bling in the form of two rocket launcher style rod holders behind the seat and two additional blind nut fittings up on the console to install "screw-balls" or other additional mounts as needed. The hull is pretty open when the center hatch is removed and both ports are open. You can fit lots of stuff in there. I'm really looking forward to getting this out for the first time soon.
          Don Haller
          Chesapeake Beach, MD

– Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Oh wow didn't notice the two rocket launcher style rod holders. I really like them in that area and keeps the rods higher up than in a flush mount.
            Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

very nice Don

Comment

those are nice kayaks. i was actually watching a video on the new 2013's couple days ago. i like the rod keeper feature.
                Hobie Revolution 13
                Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

You will love it. I love the high vis color and the rocket launcher are as great additions. I have a 2012 Cuda 14. And love it Where did you get the rudder I have been considering one but Jackson does not sell them on there web site.
                  Ed
                  Jackson Cuda 14

Comment

Originally posted by Moschedmi View Post
                    You will love it. I love the high vis color and the rocket launcher are as great additions. I have a 2012 Cuda 14. And love it Where did you get the rudder I have been considering one but Jackson does not sell them on there web site.
                    I got the rudder at Appomattox River Co, where I bought the boat. They have them in stock. I got it for $225 but they sell them for $250. Might call and ask if you can get the same discount on it.
                    Don Haller
                    Chesapeake Beach, MD

– Benjamin Franklin

Comment

congrats !!!!11

Comment

Working...
                      X