joining the fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joining the fun

I haven't yet invested in my first "Yak", but plan to do so this spring. The more research I do and the more videos I watch, the more nervous I'm getting about making the wrong choice. I could be using it in the Loche Raven, the Gunpowder, Days Cove, the Susquahanna etc. Would like to be able to fish the Bay Bridge, coastal bays and maybe just off the beach.
    Looking a Bass Pros Ascend FS12T.
    On a bit of a tight budget right now, so I think this would be a good entry level kayak for me.

Any comments from you experienced yake fishermen (or women)???
    ORANGE NATIVE MANTA RAY 11

I started out with the FS10 and thought it was a good starting kayak, so the FS12 is probably a little better than that espec. for more open water areas since its a SOT. However, you could probably do even better if you were willing to buy a used yak. Check craigslist daily and you will probably eventually find something better at a lower price.
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
      I started out with the FS10 and thought it was a good starting kayak, so the FS12 is probably a little better than that espec. for more open water areas since its a SOT. However, you could probably do even better if you were willing to buy a used yak. Check craigslist daily and you will probably eventually find something better at a lower price.
      I appreciate the input. Acutally, I do check out craigs list often.
      I don't have a problem going with a used one.
      ORANGE NATIVE MANTA RAY 11

Comment

My buddy sent me a link to a used OK Prowler on Craigslist. I had already been looking at them and a couple others in my price range. Great all around kayak. $400. Came with a Carlisle paddle, 2 dry bags, upgraded seat and a fish finder.

I'd suggest doing some research. Models, features, and price range you are in. That way, when something is posted and you are interested, you can act as fast as possible. That's what I ended up doing, and it worked out great.

Comment

Go with a 12ft+ model if you plan on bay fishing.
          2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Working...
          X