Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crab Trap Restrictions In the Delmarva. Bait purposes (green, asian, white leggers..)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crab Trap Restrictions In the Delmarva. Bait purposes (green, asian, white leggers..)

I was wondering. What are the restrictions on the kind of traps we can use to catch bait crabs such as Green, Asian, White Leggers, Stone, Spotted, etc. I was thinking about making a home made small pot type of net for these. Is this not allowed? The holes wouldn't be big enough for legal sized blue crab to get in. I read about people using buckets, but I was thinking that it would be easier to make some sort of pot that can be used to catch in-water species such as white legger/stone/hermit, and also shore species such as green/asian/ghost etc. Any input would help. Thanks.
    The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

I have made some homemade traps but have never gotten around to testing them. I know that the trap has to have cull rings in MD and that they have to have a turtle guard I think thats what its called? As for the big pots (not sure if it applies to small homemade ones) but at a bait shop last year I asked the cashier about the pots they were selling up front and she said that you have to have a pier to use them.

Of course I would double check as things might have changed.
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Sounds like a question for the dnr website.
      Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
      -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
      -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Working...
      X