MD license question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MD license question

What kind of MD fishing license do I need to fish Jugs bay, Mattawoman, and Wayson's corner? Sorry I don't know that area well...

I looked at http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries...idinglines.asp and it has:

4. Anne Arundel and Prince George’s Counties.

Patuxent River:
    I. Mainstem: bridge on Route 214;
    II. Lyons Creek: Route 4;
    III. Stocketts Run: confluence with the river;
    IV. Rock Run: confluence with the river;
    V. Ferry Branch: confluence with the river.

and for Mattawoman: Bridge on State Highway 225.

So I understand I would need a tidal for Mattawoman (below 225) but what about Jug's Bay and Wayson's corner? Do they fall under I. and II. above?

FYI, I have a VA saltwater with MD angler registration.

Thanks for the help...
    -Mustafa
    ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
    2016 Hobie Outback
    2012 Hobie Revolution 13
    "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

The regular tidal one will be sufficient for Jug Bay & Waysons. Rt. 214 is a ways up from there on the patuxent
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Check out this map:

http://dnr.maryland.gov/fisheries/re...ralregion.html

Location #20 is the Jug Bay/Waysons vicinity. Location #11 is the Rt 214 dividing line.

Comment

When you turn 65 years of age, buy the Senior Consolidated Fishing License- takes care of all fishing license and it is $5.00...
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Thank you MetroMan! For some reason the southcentral region map wasn't coming up for me.

Thanks Ron, I'll be sure to keep that in mind 32 years from now
          -Mustafa
          2016 Hobie Outback
          2012 Hobie Revolution 13
          "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Keep in mind, if you already have a SW VA license you have license by reciprocity in all MD Tidal waters. Therefore, you dont need to buy a license in both MD and VA, you only need to register in MD for the saltwater angler registry, which is free and you can do at this link:
            https://compass.dnr.maryland.gov/dnrcompassportal
            Last edited by Shady; 03-13-2013, 12:38 PM.
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
              Thank you MetroMan! For some reason the southcentral region map wasn't coming up for me.
              Same for me. Their map is kinda fubar'd. The click area for the south central region has the code embedded in the bay.

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
                Keep in mind, if you already have a SW VA license you have license by reciprocity in all MD Tidal waters. Therefore, you dont need to buy a license in both MD and VA, you only need to register in MD for the saltwater angler registry, which is free and you can do at this link:
                https://compass.dnr.maryland.gov/dnrcompassportal
                Yes sir that's what I did. Just a note for anyone who wasn't able to do it through their site, you can always call them and they'll do it for you right on the phone and still email you the pdf of your license. It wasn't working for me earlier (January of this year) and they were quick on the phone...

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
                Same for me. Their map is kinda fubar'd. The click area for the south central region has the code embedded in the bay.
                Ahhh.... so that's where it was!
                -Mustafa
                2016 Hobie Outback
                2012 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Working...
                X