Creamsickle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creamsickle

Congrats to those motivated and out on the water fishing. I have been sitting on the sidelines by my fireplace over the winter but decided to get off my butt last week and work on the yak a bit. You know when you buy a new boat and your itching to launch, never taking the time and so, I rushed the rigging a bit. I have been wanting to fix or change things up now that I have had some time on the water. Last week, dragged her into the shed, put her up on some saw horses to began the redo. Reworked my anchor trolly first. Then I got squirrelly. I sat my worklite down in the front hatch while securing my FF battery box up in the hull and it hit me, I put the hatch cover back on and turned off the shed lights. My Ocean Kayak (mango) was glowing brightly from bow to stern like a huge creamsickle. Now I might have too much time on my hands and have been working on installing a 12 volt driving light in the hull, up in the bow facing back toward the stern. Probable going to violate some sort of auxilary lighting code, might just use it while anchored up. I am sure somebody, somewhere has done this, I haven't seen it though. I need to get it out of the shed before I add a second story to it.

I can't wait for the pics sounds like a neat idea. I have scene different types of lights but not from inside the hull.
    Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
    Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Pimp my ride!
      2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Make sure you use lights with a cool temperature (like LEDs). If not, you could melt or warp the plastic in the hull. I have used a drop light with a 60w incandescent bulb when working on my kayak. The interior hull space gets hot pretty fast.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

......... ya gonna make it jump up and down while sitting still too ............

Comment

John, that is good advice. I will check further into this. Thus far, the driving light is surrounded by rubber and it doesn't get hot but I will check on the lenzs itself after burning for a while. I will upload a pic soon.

Comment

yeh, as soon as I can catch a keeper striper, that kayak will be jumping up & down!

Comment

Working...
              X