crappie fishing suday 3/17/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crappie fishing suday 3/17/13

Well since watching the weather saturday is not looking good however sunday is looking better for targeting some crappie. Im planning on going to mariner park in harford county and fishing the piers using minnows n bobbers.usually do well with that setup.gonna head out in the am and probably finish up round lunch. If anyone wants to hook up please feel free . Always like company.
    2014 Hobie Dune Outback
    2013 Ocean Kayak Yellow Trident 13
    Rob

Hey yakkinfish18, I might take you up on that offer. It's a 50/50 chance I can clear my schedule Sunday morning. Never fished Mariner Point Park off a yak, but I have been onshore a few times. I can give you an answer Saturday.
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Hey sparky1423 sure hit me up if you decide to go. Im gonna stop by bowleys bait n tackle n pick up some minnows. I should be on the water round 7 am sunday
      2014 Hobie Dune Outback
      Rob

Comment

I will join you. I have to work Sunday morning, so I won't be able to get there that early. It'll be more like 11:00ish.

Comment

Just been released by the good wife...I will see you Sunday. I will pick up some minnow as well. Launching off the boat ramp or the kayak ramp? Scoped the kayak ramp out a few months ago, did not look too inviting.
          2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK

JEREMY D

Comment

Echo5oscar, cool ill probably stay alittle later then depending on the fish bite. Sparky1423 lol getting a pass is good! Ill probably launch at the boat ramp permitting theres not alot of boat traffic.
            2014 Hobie Dune Outback
            Rob

Comment

I've put in there a couple times in the past few weeks and there hasn't been any boats there. Every weekend is different. The canoe/kayak launch is usable. Isn't the best launch site, but it works. It has a slow, gradual bottom, which makes for easy entering/exiting the yak.

The quarry is right around the corner too.

Comment

count me in guys, was planning to head out anyways but i'll join up if thats cool. you guys heading up and around to the quarry?
                Dave
                2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

Anyone plan on targeting bass along with the crappie? I have heard the quarry is productive, though have never been. I have also heard of catfish around the railroad bridge. Someone here probably knows more than me. I just know I am not eating any crappie from the quarry due to heavy metal contamination stated on other forums.
                  2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                  2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK

JEREMY D

Comment

Going to try the docks first. But the quarry isn't too far. I might check out a small strip of land to cross over. Save a bunch of time paddling. If you go to the shoreline directly across from the launch, and follow it to the end, it is only a short drag through some trees. Only thing, not sure how thick that stuff is. But that's what I am going to find out on Sunday!

Comment

The quarry is great for bass. I caught some really nice ones there last year where little gunpowder flows into the quarry (3-5lb). It might be a little early for it to be really productive since the weather has been a roller coaster but only 1 way to find out. Theres some nice channel catfish that can be pulled from the channel starting under the bridge heading out. I think the water is 6-10ft depending on tide. Bottom fish with night crawlers or catfish bait.

Haven't came across anything advising not to eat fish from the quarry. The water is usually pretty clear since its fed by little gunpowder. Its really productive in the summer since its colder highly oxygenated water.

I went out last Sunday and marked some fish right off the docks so it might be worth a shot there also. Didn't have any gear but a few guys from shore said they caught a few yellow perch and a crappie.
                      Dave
                      2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

I might have to spend some time there this summer. I live only a mile or two from mariner point.

Comment

yeah its one of my favorite spot. theres a path that wraps around to the back where the gunpowder flows into it. its nearly inaccessible during summer since it overgrows with weeds and stickers but its great for bass, small stripers, crappie and perch.
                          Dave
                          2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

If I can get away and you guys dont mind I would like to tag along.
                            Ascend FS-12
                            2002 Trophy Walk Around "GETHOOKED"

Comment

Should be on the water by 7. I'll be in the quarry with a blue Hobbie.

Check these numbers out in google maps
                              39.408926,-76.367286 - Quarry
                              39.402837,-76.364213 - Shortcut to quarry
                              Dave
                              2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

Working...
                              X