No announcement yet.

Noob from PG county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep- a fair amount of us in just about every county within 50 miles of DC/Annopolis
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Welcome! If you like fishing fresh water, the Potomac is where it's at!

Looking forward to seeing you post some fish photos! I'm prepping for Mattawoman Creek!

Comment

Originally posted by quikdrive View Post
        I didn't realize Greenbelt was set up that way. Thanks for the info!

I actually do believe I have seen you at Lake Artemesia. I usually fly fish when I am there and fish the narrow channel between the two sections of the lake. There is another gentlemen I have spoken with who fishes there a bunch. His name is Mike. I could not get over the huge crappie he caught there (http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries...le.asp?ID=2629).
        Neil, I remember you now. You were tearing um' up in the channel fly fishing one day and we both talked and talked to the DNR new guy too. Yes that's me on the DNR site with the 2+lbs crappie. Caught it just around the corner before the gazebo. That was the BEST!

Michael
        Last edited by Gillgetter; 03-21-2013, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
          Welcome! If you like fishing fresh water, the Potomac is where it's at!

Looking forward to seeing you post some fish photos! I'm prepping for Mattawoman Creek!
          I have been on the Potomac out of River Bend Park twice. 1st was one small smallie, 2nd was 6 smallies one was 14". The best was South fork of the Shenandoah last july with PRSC from Newport to 340 bridge White House, 8 good sized smallies.

Comment

Hahaha small world Michael. That was a heck of a Crappie! You actually introduced me to Cash Lake also. I appreciated the info.

At the end of that summer I finally convinced my wife to let me get a fishing Kayak. I got tired of competitive shore fishing. We also had our first baby shortly after that I had to cut back my fishing a lot but still manage to usually go out on my CWS day.

Looking forward to seeing you on the water!
            -Neil

Moken 13 Angler Deluxe

Comment

Originally posted by Gillgetter View Post
              I have been on the Potomac out of River Bend Park twice. 1st was one small smallie, 2nd was 6 smallies one was 14". The best was South fork of the Shenandoah last july with PRSC from Newport to 340 bridge White House, 8 good sized smallies.
              Upper Potomac for smallmouth fishing is excellent. Just depends on where and when you go. There are areas where you should be able to catch 20+ fish in a day with no trouble.

Tidal Potomac river for largemouth bass, snakeheads, and crazy catfish too!

The Potomac River is such an amazing resource. I wish I lived closer to it.

Comment

Fished Artemesia yesterday (one small crappie) and spent the morning today at Lake Allen and caught four bass and three crappie. My fishing buddy landed a 16" 2.5 lb bass.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillgetter View Post
                  Fished Artemesia yesterday (one small crappie) and spent the morning today at Lake Allen and caught four bass and three crappie. My fishing buddy landed a 16" 2.5 lb bass.
                  Were you fishing from shore? I thought about trying Lake Allen yesterday, but was working on my garage. The new yak comes today!
                  2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
                  Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

Originally posted by Nitefly View Post
                    Were you fishing from shore? I thought about trying Lake Allen yesterday, but was working on my garage. The new yak comes today!
                    Yes, all shore fishing. Too cold to risk getting wet in the kayak.

Comment

Working...
                    X