Fishing on Saturday! 03-23-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing on Saturday! 03-23-13

Hi, still pretty new to the forum. But was wondering if anyone is going out this Saturday? If you are and would like some company, I would love to join you. I haven't ever fished during this time of year, so I am not sure on where to head.
    Hobie Revolution 13

Originally posted by Fish View Post
    Hi, still pretty new to the forum. But was wondering if anyone is going out this Saturday? If you are and would like some company, I would love to join you. I haven't ever fished during this time of year, so I am not sure on where to head.
    I know I'm definitely going out Sunday down Centennial Lake with a few others. Not sure if I can make it out Saturday even though the weather looks much better. Keep me posted where you plan on going and I might be able to sneak away for a bit.
    Dave
    2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

Check the forum, I think there are some guys that posted that they were going out Sat morning to catch some blue cats on the Potomac under the Wilson Bridge. Very short paddle from the launch to the fishing grounds....about a 90 sec paddle.

Comment

Awesome. Thanks for the info moc. I will keep you updated dsmero. Centennial lake is like 10 min from where I am.
        Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Meeting rockchaser at jones point park @ 7:00 to get after some blues. Come on down.

Comment

Man at first I thought you were talking about Bluefish!!! In my head I was like "they're biting already!!??". Then the lightbulb came on! LOL

Comment

Haha. My bad. Got the urge after seeing Moc and rockchasers pics from last weekend.

Comment

what yall using for bait...i might join yall saturday for a few hrs get a chance to get my new kayak wet...
                Yellow Hobie Outback 2013
                Asian Anglerz
                TexasKayakFisherman

Comment

The bait that worked for me the best was fresh chicken strips from the grocery story.

Comment

Was that battered chicken strips or straight raw chicken strips? legs? thighs?
                    Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Fresh raw chicken strips (tender/tenderloins). About $2-$4 a pack.

Comment

Figure I'll get the boat wet some where- cold weather has me puzzled about where might be the best opportunity to catch fish- Know I can fish, just not sure where-thinking about trying for catch and release stripers
                        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
                        X