Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where some of our netted Yellow Perch end up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where some of our netted Yellow Perch end up...

Damn shame. I didn't even recognize them because they looked so god awful. What a waste.

photo.jpg
    <insert witty comment here>

they looked better last week a the DC fish market....
    Yellow Hobie Outback 2013
    Asian Anglerz
    TexasKayakFisherman

Comment

I guess that's what happens when people don't buy them. What does that yellow tag mean?
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Those fish don't even look fresh much less safe to eat. Not sure why they would try to sell them.
        Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

I think they have to tag each fish because that particular fish has a quota when commercialized. Rockfish have tags as well. Im not 100% sure

Comment

This really makes me appeciate the freshness of catching my own fish and being able to cook them within a few hours.
            2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Amen to the replies above. Stuff likes this makes me appreciate the ability to catch my own...well sometimes when I get lucky lol. But seriously, I've purchased some good fish down there, but you have to know what to look for. God save the soul who buys any of these YP. ick.

Paddle4Fish, I guess these fish were probably the same ones you saw...and didn't sell. This was Saturday evening.

Comment

Shame, shame, shame.

Comment

NASTY looking. YUCKKKK

Outback 2015
                  Maui

Comment

With us having knowledge of what is fresh seafood and not do these type of eatablishments that sell fresh seafood have any type of health standards? Can these places be fined by any health associations that restauraunts get busted by? Im pretty sure that the seller knows those fish are not fresh and it should be illegal to sell them which could lead to some very sick people.

Comment

They're probably not as bad as you think, just a little dried out looking, the eyes are still clear. If the eyes turn, that's when they're absolutely no go. But, I've bought fish maybe 1-2 times in my life, so what do I know.
                      Ryan
                      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Ryan they must have put some aquatic visine in those eyes. LOL! You are correct about they eyes but I have kept YP in the fridge for about a week before and I was contemplating should I throw it away or not but they never lost there color like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Foursteps24 View Post
                          Ryan they must have put some aquatic visine in those eyes. LOL! You are correct about they eyes but I have kept YP in the fridge for about a week before and I was contemplating should I throw it away or not but they never lost there color like that.
                          True dat, I always filet my fish within a day of catching so I never really see what happens to the eyes, this is just what I've heard. I know fish can get strong tasting after a week in the fridge, who knows how long those fish have been out of the water.
                          Ryan
                          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I shared this with my friend who works at DNR in the fisheries dept. He said they've probably been frozen for a while.

Comment

Working...
                            X