Need opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need opinions

Right now I have a pro angler 14 with all the works.
    Problem is I may need to sell it , due to lack of space n needing money to pay off a large school debt .
    If I do decide to sell , I will post and give pictures.

My options I'm looking to get in return are a few paddle yaks

I'm looking for reviews on these 4.
    Cuda 12
    Coosa
    Malibu X factor
    And the tarpon 12

Or if anyone has any other ones in mind to look at.

All comments are appreciated
    Zach Moore
    Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
    Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
    Bait Towel Pro Staff
    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

If you are going to get a paddle kayak, I suggest that you also take a look at the Native Manta Ray series. There are not as many Natives on the water in this area as some of the other brands. I am on my second Manta Ray 14 and have no desire to switch to another kayak -- including a Hobie. It is very roomy and comfortable for my large body, tracks well, and moves easily through the water (with a steady paddle stroke, I average 3.5 to 3.8 mph; up to 5 mph when I really paddle hard). One of the guys who fished in the March meet and greet has a Manta Ray 12, and I fished in one in Florida a few months ago. It is slightly wider and shorter. As a result, the paddling speed is not as fast, but it is more maneuverable when trying to position yourself. The Manta Ray seat is remarkably comfortable.

I have no financial affiliation with Native, but am a very happy owner. There are two Native dealers within 40 minutes of Annapolis. You are welcome to meet me sometime on the Severn and try it out.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Cuda 12 is new and has been getting rave reviews, however you probably won't find a used one as they are new for this year.
      Don Haller
      Chesapeake Beach, MD
      Blaze Orange, Jackson Kayak "Cuda 14"

“There can’t be good living, where there is not good drinking.”
      – Benjamin Franklin

Comment

i love my xfactor will let you take itfor a test drive if your interested
        D Hawk
        Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
        Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

I have the Tarpon 120's little brother Tarpon 100 and I don't have any complaints, the built in tracs are a pretty cool feature. I think I've actually used it more than my Outback so far this year.
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I am pleased with my tarpon 120. Tons of storage and gear mounting options. Tracks well and good speed. I was first going to get the ocean kayak tetra 12, but after sitting in both....I choose the tarpon.
            2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

What about the RIDE series for Wilderness Systems? 115 is 33 inches wide

Comment

Check out the Versa Board. The ability to stand up and spot cast makes it an invaluable and versatile fishing tool. It has a very low profile and is relatively light weight with makes it easy to store and transport.

Comment

I have a Coosa and Cuda12 you can try out for free.

I run a Jackson dealership in Germantown MD called Valley Mill Boats and we have free demos of all Jackson fishing kayaks. I have a couple used Coosas for sale as well. You're welcome to come try them out
                  Jim
                  Valley Mill

Originally posted by BassMoore View Post
                  Right now I have a pro angler 14 with all the works.
                  Problem is I may need to sell it , due to lack of space n needing money to pay off a large school debt .
                  If I do decide to sell , I will post and give pictures.

My options I'm looking to get in return are a few paddle yaks

I'm looking for reviews on these 4.
                  Cuda 12
                  Coosa
                  Malibu X factor
                  And the tarpon 12

Or if anyone has any other ones in mind to look at.

All comments are appreciated

Comment

Working...
                  X