December M&G - Weekend of Decemeber 11th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December M&G - Weekend of Decemeber 11th

Now that the November M&G has been set up thanks to DOGFISH we can start planning the December M&G! I am taking a trip down to Kiptopeake this weekend to check out the area for December.

The venue will be the concrete ships and the launch will be Kiptopeake State park. If you're wondering why we'd go all the way down here and fish in the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay in December... then I need only to direct you here - http://kayakkevin.com/kiptostriperhowtos.html or watch his DVD already!

I tried to get a trip together last year but the weather would kick up every time I headed that way! Kevin's guide is very comprehensive, more details to follow.
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

This sounds good. Unless weather issues I'm in!

Comment

I'm tentatively in. My wife's bday is the 9th. Hopefully I can just give her "D*ck in a box" on her bday and not have to spend the whole weekend celebrating lol...
      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Well forget MetroMan... I'm in it to win it! Ain't gonna let no birthday get in the way of no good fishing... SMH. *Lemme check with the wife* LOL

MYT

Comment

LMFAO!! I really have no witty comeback
          <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Originally posted by mytmouse View Post
            well forget metroman... I'm in it to win it! Ain't gonna let no birthday get in the way of no good fishing... Smh. *lemme check with the wife* lol

myt
            Originally posted by metroman View Post
            lmfao!! I really have no witty comeback
            TOO funny!

Comment

Ohhhhh I have been licking my chops all year and waiting for the dec kipto cows. I will def be in for a trip. I am tentatively planning to head down there on the 22nd and 23rd as well.

I just got $180 worth of under armor stuff today to keep me toasty in the winter. All i have to do now is pickup a couple more fleece 2nd layer pieces and finish building the rod to replace the one i broke at the first Meet and greet

I forgot i need to make an eel container as well.

Redfish,
              Let me know if you find any hotels close to the park while your down there this weekend and good luck.
              Last edited by mmanolis2001; 11-05-2010, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Double fail on my part guys...

I didn't make it down to Kipto the other weekend due to the wind and I just found out that I am not going to be able to make it to the M&G at Kipto that I am supposed to be leading... I should have checked in with the boss first but I've overbooked that weekend for sure.

I'm still interested in making a trip down there and I will be sure to post on here when I do. I will unfortunately be unable to make it that weekend though. If you guys want to do a M&G lunch/bs session I can probably attend if it is local though.

I got my kipto hat though!!!

Comment

if kiptos out whats another alternative?

Comment

Dec M&amp;G

Im in as long as I can get out of work. My shift just changed. Is anyone staying overnight there for a fresh start on Sat? Wouldn't mind carpooling down also. So I'm putting it out there... anyone wanna carpool? I have a 12ft SOT. I've been fantasizing about Kiptopeake for the last 3 yrs.
                    Tom Brown
                    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                    2012 Hobie PA 14'
                    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Kipto will be the hotspot ......... last couple of years it's been the first 2 weeks of Dec. Problem is that there will be soooooo may yakers there on a weekend it will probably be hard to get a great spot ........

But if you want the giants you have to go when they are there and take your chances ........... night fishing would probably be better but you better go as a group and take extra caution .......... that area can be very dangerous and conditions can and do change quickly ......... ands at night you may not see it happening until you are in it ........

ANyway ....... Kipto is the place for the monsters .......... a little later they seem to hold off of PLO until spring ........

Comment

Kipto! Kipto! Kipto! Kipto! Lol

Comment

Just because I can't go that weekend doesn't mean the group can't... fish are already being caught there. I have heard at least 5-10 over the weekend, it's only going to get better from here!

Comment

I missed the nov M&G(not fully set up at that point.) And am fifty fifty on the Dec M&G due to the company Christmas party.

Comment

i guess that woke everyone up times a waisting, neen a plan

Comment

Working...
                              X