Fishing apps for cell phones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing apps for cell phones

Hi folks. I was browsing fishing apps online and I was wondering what android apps you have found useful or not. Iphone users chime in too. Thought I’d check with you before laying out a few bucks. Some decent looking ones are free or have free (lite) versions.

I see apps that focus on freshwater only and I’d like salt and fresh. It seems common for apps to exclude some useful function, i.e. gps function, solunar tables, or useful log.

I’d be interested to see if what looks good to me is used by many others. Or is it worth the bother.

I do have free weather app and NOAA Smart Buoy app. Looking for a good tide app too if you’ve found one. The MD DNR tide app wouldn’t download when tried it.

I saw an interesting pc program last year http://fisherslog.com/. That might be of interest to some people but it is too involved for my needs. 7 day free trial. No app for that.
    Hobie Pro Angler 12
    WS Classic Pungo 12

"Ocean - A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills." Ambrose Bierce

List of Android Apps I use:
    1) Launch Point
    2) Launch Sites
    3) Tide Chart FREE
    4) TideApp
    5) Waypoint Free
    6) My Fishing Advisor
    7) Tidal Fish - this is a forum like Snaggedline
    8) Knot Wars
    ------------------ ,__
    ------------------ | `'.
    __---------- |`-._/_.:---`-.._
    \='.-------_/..--'`__ ----- `'-._
    -\- '-.--"` ----- === ----- / - o `',
    - )= (-----------------.-- | ----- _.'
    -/_=.'-._------------ {=_-_ | -- .-`-.
    /_.'--- `\`'-._------- '-= - \ -- _.'
    -------- )- _.-'`'-..------ _..-'`
    ------- /_.' ------ `/";';`|
    -------------------- \` .'/
    --------------------- '--'

Comment

Thanks for the feedback dDreadnaught.
      Hobie Pro Angler 12
      WS Classic Pungo 12

"Ocean - A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills." Ambrose Bierce

Comment

I really like the Knot Wars app on my IPhone- great knot tying app, easy step by step, illustrated tutorial on the very best knots- Fly to Map GPS app is a good IPhone app that Metro Man turned me on to a few years ago- Weather Channel has a good IPhone app- real time radar comes in handy when you see a black cloud coming like Mike, Bill, Kevin and I did at Piney Point last year- that was one nasty ass storm!
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

If you are fishing the bay, get the NOAA buoy app. Gives you water temp, wind speed, and more from the buoys from Cape Henry, VA to Harve De Grace, MD.

http://buoybay.noaa.gov/observations/mobile-apps.html
          Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

I love the NOAA smart buoy add. Right now Susquehanna Air temp. 48 wind E. current speed 0.2kt water temp. 44.7F
            Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
            Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by daddyg View Post
              I love the NOAA smart buoy add. Right now Susquehanna Air temp. 48 wind E. current speed 0.2kt water temp. 44.7F
              Reviews on this app mentioned "app crashes" - daddyg, have you experienced this?
              Yellow Submarine - Hobie PA
              Stealth Green Tarpon 140
              Orange Koho Perception

Comment

Originally posted by loupa5 View Post
                Reviews on this app mentioned "app crashes" - daddyg, have you experienced this?
                I have no problems with it. My phone is the razor with Verizon. Water temp 46.2 today {Susquehanna}
                Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
                Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                  .....Weather Channel has a good IPhone app- real time radar comes in handy when you see a black cloud coming like Mike, Bill, Kevin and I did at Piney Point last year- that was one nasty ass storm!
                  Well, handy for those of us who heeded its advice....in other words, not me. But hey, I never was one to let a little thing like a mesocyclone keep me from "one more cast".
                  14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                  2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

It was only a mile walk from where you beached the kayak from the launch- and the winds never got much over 90 mph, but the green lightening and hail stones were pretty impressive- I was worried about you as I thought my pickup truck was about to get turned over in the gusts-
                    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Not one of my best days decision making-wise, but hey, all's well that ends well. Of course when you single paddle a tandem, there is some amazing stability, LOL
                      Was sorry you had to worry about me though.
                      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

I've got an Android:
                        1) Navionics US Easet - nautical charts, GPS tracker, and waypoints
                        2) Pirate Buoy - Taps into all NOAA buoys and allows to set favorites(only issue is that it keeps your GPS running after you close it so you have to kill it after your done.
                        3) FishWeather - Provides wind forecasts and you can get tide information

That just about does it for me! All of them work well.

Comment

I experienced the app crashing when I chose to see the Susquehanna buoy but that was during the winter months when the buoy was removed. It hasn't crashed since the buoy was put back in the water.

Comment

Ive had this app for a little bit and I have had it crash a few times not to often lately, Scoutlook was a good app for iPhone but they have not updated it for iOS6 yet so it crashes frequently. I believe the android version according to friends is ok and works well
                            Robby
                            2014 Hobie Revo 13
                            12' Camo F&S SOT "Dirty Floater"

Comment

I just want to thank those that replied to this thread. I've discovered some interesting apps from what you have shared.
                              Hobie Pro Angler 12
                              WS Classic Pungo 12

Comment

Working...
                              X