Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

picked up my pro angler 12!!!! tips? KAYAK ROOKIE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• picked up my pro angler 12!!!! tips? KAYAK ROOKIE!!!

now all i have to do is install a lowrance Elite 5 ( i want DSI, gonna run it thru the "lowrance ready" hull...itll work right?), i got a milk crate (IKEA, go figure).....rods have BEEN restrung and ready to go...(i have refused to fish until its out of the pro angler or A pro angler...yeah, im weird like that).....theres a tournament comin up on April 27 that i would love to enter but with me JUST now gettin this thing, afraid id be throwin myself to the wolves...i could just see me out there stuck goin in circles...lol.....so, any tips or knowledge that you could throw my way would be greatly appreciated....lookin forward to seein some of ya out on the water!!!! thank you everyone!!!!

Get comfortable with the yak before you fish with it. Otherwise you may end up tangled and uncomfortable
    You'll be fine, have fun. Just don't go too far until you are ready for it.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Comment

its comfy to start already. just take it out for a spin youll love it. get that depth finder hooked up and fish that tourny. cant get experience without fishing .... youll be fine out there... there will be over 10-20 PAs out there anwyay to guide you along
      Zach Moore
      Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
      Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
      Bait Towel Pro Staff
      2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
      YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Congrats J Bass!
        Hobie Pro Angler 12
        WS Classic Pungo 12

"Ocean - A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills." Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Originally posted by Sidemadder View Post
          Congrats J Bass!
          Congrats! Definitely take it out and get comfortable before fishing. Get a feel for how the boat reacts, practice loading/unloading and just get the fundamentals down. Also pay attention to the mirage drive in shallow water. I normally keep an eye out on the FF for when it hits 2ft and remove it. You can always use the 'flutter motion' in shallow water but I dont like risking damage. When launching and beaching I push 1 pedal forward so the fins stay flush with the bottom of the boat.

There's some good videos on Youtube for first time Hobie owners. Checkout HobieUSA on Youtube.
          Dave
          2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

Congrats. I think the best piece of advice is to take it out and get it wet. If you have a small pond in the area, try that out first. I would try reaching around to get things out of the crate behind you and learn how much you can turn around...and how much you can't turn around. The water is still cold to purposely turtle it. Are you planning on loading that best on top of a car? I would practice that a few times too. (It is significantly more difficult after a long day on the water, so take that into account).
            Jason

Comment

hhey man im the kid that talked to you at oak grove marina tonight 4/9/13. i think that was you at least. i was wearing a brown shirt

Comment

Sounds like another one snagged by the fever. welcome
                Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
                Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Kayak456, That WAS me, good to meet ya man!!...Thank you everybody!!!!...thanx for all the info and help, gonna take it out in the creek and launch it at Loch Haven to get used to it with a friend of mine that i talked into getting one also.....so both of us will be out there on em for the first time....i HAVE to take one rod with me tho to just "see what happens".....my friend will be transporting his on top of his car ....but im soon to be converting a utility trailer to carry both of em and will just be able to use that most of the time........YES!!!! i have been snagged by the fever.....feel free to get in touch with me if ya feel like doin some fishin'....... Thanx again everyone!!!

Comment

i would try in the south river, idk if you saw my report yesterday or not but the perch are thick out there. maybe you can launch from oak grove marina where you were?

Comment

took it out for the first time today..........LOVE IT!!!!.....windy out there but it was awesome...cant wait to get it in a lake ......the freshwater calls...thanx again for the info everyone!!!

Comment

Congrats on your new fishing vessel!

Comment

Congrats on getting a great fishing rig.... hope to see you on the 27th
                          http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
                          484-459-9863
                          If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
                          *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Comment

Welcome to the Yak Yacht Club ............ there's no better place to learn more about it than the Jamboree this weekend ........... tons of people yakin to get tips from on the water ......... also .... most of the water is shallow but deep enough for the Mirage Drive.

Comment

Working...
                            X