Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone want to fish SPSP Monday, 20th April?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want to fish SPSP Monday, 20th April?

I'll be fishing SPSP (Sandy point state park) Monday the 20th. If anyone want to join me, please drop me a line.

This is my first fishing attempt with my Kayak. I tried it at the local lake a few times. Since the rock fish are close to the surface this time of year, I'm thinking of using the following rig:

-- Use a 1/2 Oz weight with a 10/0 hook and 3-4 inch chunk of bunker. Then use a bobber to keep the hook only about 2-3 feet below the surface.

What do you guys think o this? What kid of rig will you guys be using??

Best Regards,
    Stan
    Wilderness Systems Ride 135

April 20th is a Saturday?

Comment

no bobber, also use whatever weight that will keep it on the bottom, you can never pre determine a weight , use as little as possible but enough to hold bottom. idk if you are shore fishing or yak fishing but if your from shore you want to get it out there a longg way. also you can use bloods, ive never got a big rock on bloods but i know some have. ive always use menhaeden this time of year. try both & good luck

Comment

Bring some blood worm with you. drift it along the bottom on a three way on a 1oz to 3oz sinker / a 2-3ft florocarbon leader to a circle

Comment

Yea, I don't think the bobber rig is the way to go. FF rig or bottom like others have said, 2 oz will probably do it. I know for a fact that there are nice fish around SPSP right now.
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Thanks, I'll follow that advice. How deep should I go? I'm thinking about fishing the edge of the shipping channel?? I guess that is 15 -20 feet deep??

Also, sorry, I meant Monday 22nd.

Best Regards,
            Stan

Comment

What time are you going on that day?
              <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Are you going out Sat. 20th or Monday the 22nd? If you are going on Monday the 22nd I might come along.

Outback 2015
                Maui

Comment

Originally posted by Goody View Post
                  Are you going out Sat. 20th or Monday the 22nd? If you are going on Monday the 22nd I might come along.

Yep. I'm taking off from work about noon. Will be at the park around 1:00. I'll take my wife's cell phone. I'll send you a PM with it.

I'm: 6' 4" 250, balding, 57 years old. Can't quite figure out how a dynamic, handsome, young man ended up in a body like this??

Best Regards,
                  Stan

Comment

Stan, I might meet you there. I'll know for sure as the date approaches.
                    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

I am actually thinking of going to sandy point on Saturday. Anyone know which jigs work the best, in terms of color, ect? And what lb mono I should be using? Or even braid?
                      Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

If I go I will probably be there in the early morning.

Outback 2015
                        Maui

Comment

Working...
                        X