Torpedoes away!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torpedoes away!

This morning on the flats as I watched all the carp going airborne I turned around to put a rod in the holder and heard an odd sound in front of me. As I turned around I saw something coming towards me at a high rate of speed just under the surface. Before I could decide to stay and fight or bailout a huge carp rammed the side of my yak. Wish I had the camera rolling to capture my facial expression ��. The last time I was charged like that involved a bear and a foggy morning in the mountains!
    Going to hit Deer Creek area for shad tomorrow and maybe Thursday morning.
    Yellow WS Ride 135
    Sand WS Tarpon 100

Good thing that carp was a dud... or you'd been blown to pieces. Besides the scary carp incident... did you catch any stripers???
    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

The carp are spawning, and this carp probably thought that your yak was just a big female carp!

Comment

Whoaaa! That had to being an interesting experience.

Outback 2015
        Maui

Comment

That's funny. I use to wade in Dundee creek all the time was I was in school until one time wading chest deep fishing for bass with shiners when a huge carp slammed into my leg and then surfaced next to me. It scared the $#&! Out of me! I don't wade there anymore.
          2014 Hobie Dune Outback
          2013 Ocean Kayak Yellow Trident 13
          Rob

Comment

Should have cranked up some Marvin Gaye.....that's an all new kinda action on the flats!
            2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Definitely one of those experiences when you wished someone was around but glad there wasn't! My man card
              might have been revoked. Caught one 24" striper and one 17" bass. Talked to a friend tonight who was shad fishing Tuesday at deer creek and witnessed a couple of stripers crashing people hooked shad. Never seen that before either.
              Yellow WS Ride 135
              Sand WS Tarpon 100

Comment

Working...
              X