Commercial striped bass harvest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial striped bass harvest

Well looks like good news for conservation. A proposal to up the commercial striped bass harvest has been voted down.

http://news.joincca.org/conservation...-striped-bass/

That is good news. I was always curious about the strict reinforcement of C&R and slot limits on game fish...also shortened seasons on sport fishing fisherman were majored on when the commercial trowlers that harvest in one day what every sport fisherman does in a year..combined...were overlooked.

A good example of this is in the same 12 hour period I saw a beach fisherman ticketed for not having his license on him (it was in his car parked over a mile away); later that night I saw a commercial trawler with a Spainish flag run about 100 yards off the beach, ignoring the 2 mile moratorium, for hours with no repercussions.

I understand the job creation argument for increasing the catch limits...but in my mind the cost on our delicate fisheries and marine ecosystems is too great.

Comment

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest! Sorry if i hijacked the post...

Comment

You can hi-jack all you like. I have been talking like that for many many years.

Comment

Amen, how many fish sticks can we Americans eat!

Comment

Working...
          X