Woodrow Wilson Sunday 4/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodrow Wilson Sunday 4/14

A couple of us are planning a fishing excursion under the Woodrow Wilson Bridge this Sunday for some blue cats. After a few trips to the flats, I could use a short paddle and a full cooler before the Jamboree. We will be launching out of Jones Point Park, the floating dock should be interesting. This will be my first time targeting Blue cats, very excited.

So far myself, Dsmero, and Yakinfish18 will be attending. I am hoping to be on the water by 7:30am....anyone is more than welcome to tag along!!!
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Hmmmm. Fried catfish n sweet potato fries! Hopefully
    2014 Hobie Dune Outback
    2013 Ocean Kayak Yellow Trident 13
    Rob

Comment

What's the DNR recommended consumption on cats from that area? Those eating advisory charts look pretty dismal.

Comment

This is in DC right? I might go if someone is kind enough to sell me some octopus hooks. On the licence it recommends that you don't eat catfish, carp, or eel. Although I hear from people that as long as its light skinned i.e blue cats as opposed to bull heads are fine. Don't take my word for it though.
        Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Originally posted by Mmacro View Post
          What's the DNR recommended consumption on cats from that area? Those eating advisory charts look pretty dismal.
          Eat as much as you want. We're all worm food in the end.
          2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Now that you mention it, the DDOE does not recommend eating catfish out of the potomac due to elevated PCBs. Seems like none of the MKF members grew that third arm yet, but thanks for the heads up Mmacro. I might have to rely on the sniff test before eating....it wouldn't be the first time, LOL!

Originally posted by Mmacro View Post
            2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

This was an initial concern of mine as well. I chatted with my friend who works for DNR. He told me as long as they're under 8lbs, and in the high-teen length range, you'll be ok. Would I eat them every day/week, or even month....probably not :-)

They (DNR) are working to promote restaurant prep of blue catfish (along with snakeheads of course) to help with the invasion. Makes for a great fishery for us for now.
              <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
                I might have to rely on the sniff test before eating....it wouldn't be the first time, LOL!
                I am pretty sure this is the funniest thing I've read on snaggedline.
                <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Working...
                X