Cbbt 5/3-5/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cbbt 5/3-5/6

I'm planning on heading down 5/3-5/6 for flounder and possibly some Drum if they are in yet. THis will be the 1st time in the trailer this season. Let me know if anyone is interested in going down. If you can go down on Friday and comeback Sunday afternoon then you can ride with me if you want since I have a 2 yak trailer or you can drive yourself and leave whenever you want. Let me know ........

Oh and a buddy got a limit of flounder last Sunday ......... 20 - 24 " in 3 hours so I guess they are in.

Flounder?!?! Flatties?!?! Doormats?!?!? Heck, I'm in. Depending on my schedule I may just drive down, Rick.

Are you planning to fish Cape Charles area? Cherrystone?
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Hey guy ....... tried to call you but the phone went right to voice mail

Comment

I just checked and heard your message. Anyway, hope you have some hot spots out there. I may fish at least two days that weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
          I'm planning on heading down 5/3-5/6 for flounder and possibly some Drum if they are in yet. THis will be the 1st time in the trailer this season. Let me know if anyone is interested in going down. If you can go down on Friday and comeback Sunday afternoon then you can ride with me if you want since I have a 2 yak trailer or you can drive yourself and leave whenever you want. Let me know ........

Oh and a buddy got a limit of flounder last Sunday ......... 20 - 24 " in 3 hours so I guess they are in.
          Rick, was your buddy fishing on the Eastern Shore side or on the Western Shore? I went for six hours at OC on Sun. And did not see a fish caught by anyone.

Comment

Eastern Shore side ........ sorry guys ...... not going to burn his spot on an open forum .... if it were mine I would post it but not his ..

Oh ....... he sent me the Pics .......

Comment

Rick what hotels are around there?
              2015 Outback
              2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com....&ved=0CNIBEMgT

The shore stay is not bad I think

Comment

Where do you launch from? Is there an address? Maybe I can narrow it down.
                  2015 Outback
                  2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

I think Rick will have his trailer at Cherrystone Park like last year. Right, Rick? Launch point sort of depends on the bite at that time, and he'll tell us when we're there.

Comment

Hope to be there Sat morning to fish. Where do we meet you? What time?

Comment

I will be staying with memorymaker on this trip and this is my first time fishing for salts. What equipment do I need to have rod and reel and lures etc....
                        http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
                        484-459-9863
                        If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
                        *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Comment

Not sure how deep the area we'll fish. I like to jig white bucktails or jigheads (with white twister tails or grub worm; some people prefer Gulp swimming minnows). I use 1/2 to 2 oz depending on depth. I also use fluke killer rigs with a strip of squid or strip of bluefish belly (if I catch them; can also use croaker). You can also use frozen shiners and other baits. I also bring other lures (metal, crankbaits, BKDs, bass assassins).

I use 6'6" or 7' rod with 1 1/2 oz lure rating. I use low profile baitcaster reels and prefer mono (15#), but I sometimes use braid (about 20-30#) like a lot of other guys. Of course bring other stuff (scoop net, ruler, pliers, extra tackle, marine radio, etc.).

Comment

Ok ......... weather"s perfect this weekend and the Bull Reds are in (see Kevin Kayak's blog) ......... anybody else going ...... PM me.

Comment

Working...
                            X