Anyone have a Hobie Outback Leak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a Hobie Outback Leak?

I have had two of them crack at the base of the area where the mirage drive goes in. Just wondering if anyone else here has had a similar problem. My fishing buddy also had the same problem.
    http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
    484-459-9863
    If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
    *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Back in '07 and '09 I had two hulls replaced. One for the original problem at the point where the front of the Mirage drive is and the second for their first fix for the problem. They used a hot brass insert in the molds to try and draw more plastic around the drive well. That expanded and caused a crack around the material that filled in the mold after the yak was pulled out of the mold.

Both hulls were replaced by Hobie with no questions asked. I don't remember reading about any problems post '09. I think the new click in drive eliminated that problem.

Comment

I had an Outfitter that experienced the same thing. Hobie sent me a brand new hull after I sent them pictures of the damage.
      Carpe Pisces

Comment

Working...
      X