Headed to mattawoman tomorrow 4/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headed to mattawoman tomorrow 4/19

Anyone is welcome, gonna make it a full day excursion gonna launch at Slavin's probably mid morning or about noon.

Work!

Comment

Wish I would have seen this last night. Hope you nail 'em Matt.
      2012 Hobie Revo 13'
      2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Originally posted by Shield View Post
        Wish I would have seen this last night. Hope you nail 'em Matt.
        Slow day but a pair of decent fish... Shane got a quality fish too..

http://thehobielife.blogspot.com/201...-scouting.html

Comment

Slow day but any day on the water beats working. Ha I didn't know carp hit spinnerbaits...image.jpg

Sorry for the upside down picture, it always does that when I post from my iPhone.
          Shane
          Hobie Outback

Comment

For the tournament, are you going to make clear how to properly measure a fish? They explain how on the dnr site. Mouth closed tail pinched, otherwise you could get alot of ppl measuring fish with open mouths resulting in misleading lengths that may effect an actual winner. I don't mean to be a party pooper you caught some nice hogs and quality fish. But it may create a big confushion over results if one guys measures his fish properly while another guy with a smaller fish keeps the mouth open to inch past the bigger fish.
            Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
            -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
            -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

All taken care of if you read the rules it's states the accurate way to measure a fish. I will also go over the most important rules like this one prior to everyone launching. In correct photos will be assessed penalties

Comment

I am with Jaspratt as the one of the Bass you posted looks like its 1/2" to 3/4" off the off the starting end?

It does not say anything about mouth being closed. So I guess get that bottom mouth fully open before measuring your fish and get that extra 3/4". I thought all Tourneys had to have the mouth shut or your fish is DQ'ed.

PHOTO CRITERIA
                1. Each fish photo MUST include ALL of the following criteria:
                a. The whole fish, tip to tail.
                b. Laying with the tip of the lip at beginning of ruler i. Fish MUST be left side UP.
                c. Measurement markings must be clearly visible
                d. Assigned unique identifier must be visible
                e. ONE OVERHEAD PHOTO SHOT FRAME (not at an angle)
                f. Fish must be clear of any devices. Fins/tail/head cannot be obstructed in photo.
                2. ALL criteria must be met or photo will not be scored.
                "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Originally posted by archeryrob View Post
                  I am with Jaspratt as the one of the Bass you posted looks like its 1/2" to 3/4" off the off the starting end?

It does not say anything about mouth being closed. So I guess get that bottom mouth fully open before measuring your fish and get that extra 3/4". I thought all Tourneys had to have the mouth shut or your fish is DQ'ed.

PHOTO CRITERIA
                  1. Each fish photo MUST include ALL of the following criteria:
                  a. The whole fish, tip to tail.
                  b. Laying with the tip of the lip at beginning of ruler i. Fish MUST be left side UP.
                  c. Measurement markings must be clearly visible
                  d. Assigned unique identifier must be visible
                  e. ONE OVERHEAD PHOTO SHOT FRAME (not at an angle)
                  f. Fish must be clear of any devices. Fins/tail/head cannot be obstructed in photo.
                  2. ALL criteria must be met or photo will not be scored.

It will be specifically stated before everyone launches that the mouth needs to be generally closed and against the end along with other important info. I assure you the fish I posted was against the 0" mark.

Comment

Just busting your B@lls some Matt. Seeing you getting 1/2" extra on your fish was too big of an opportunity to pass up.

Although I do feel your rules need some clarity for this issue. Because, when someone loses and another wins, you're going to be the one getting all the yelling from the loser. All the second and third place guys get really itchy and want someone to blame. Make sure you bring your thick skin on Saturday.
                    Last edited by archeryrob; 04-21-2013, 02:21 PM.
                    "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Working...
                    X