Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

interesting puppy drum/croaker note.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interesting puppy drum/croaker note.....

I got word that the first croakers had been caught at PLO...dashing my hopes at the $50 prize at the tacklebox, but was surprized to see, not only my picture but the first independent confirmation of a rumor that had been rattling around.......puppy drum wintered over in our area around warm ater discharges. Hmmmm.....maybe there will be more keepers around this year.
    http://www.visitstmarysmd.com/blog/r...s-on-saturday/
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Puppy drum were reported several times during the winter in the warm water discharge of a power plant in southern MD. That certainly sounds like they stuck around for the winter.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Very cool, would like to see bigger croaker in the choptank this year. Only caught one or two keepers last year with the biggest only 12in.
      36 Ricky Scarborough custom Carolina sportfish
      20ft C-hawk
      14ft Malibu 2, 14ft Old Towne Otter

Comment

Just read in the Capitol the DNR reported that fisherman caught and resleased 2.5 million Red Drum last year . . . 40 times more than the previous year.
        Terry Hill

<*)))><{ <*)))><{

<*)))><{

<*)))><{

Santa Cruz RAPTOR

Comment

PLO wheres that?
          Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Originally posted by M_Duong60 View Post
            PLO wheres that?
            Point lookout state park, where the mouth of the Potomac River meets the Chesapeake Bay.
            2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Oh thank you. I was actually down there last week although the trip was a bust.
              Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Working...
              X