Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone do well at the Jamboree? Flats tomorrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone do well at the Jamboree? Flats tomorrow?

I keep hearing poor reports. It's getting frustrating that the fishing has been so bad this year.
    My personal reports are the same, but I'm probably going to out tomorrow and launch out of the south end of the flats....good ol' Mylard Tydings backwoods launch.
    I haven't fished the south end this year, but have fished the northern side thoroughly several times this month with nothing going on.
    With this to potentially be the last before the season closes, I have to give it another shot while the weather is ok.
    There's a few spots down south that I want to fish hard.

Anyone interested in tagging along? I'll launch around 6:30. Having company would be nice

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Pretty poor day for most involved. No one completed the slam, largest cat was 25 inches, largest rock was +/- 25 inches and only a few were caught, largest bass was 16.5 inches. Launched out of Tydings myself and covered alot of water trolling and jigging for 2 bites, both before 6am, both came unbuttoned. Best of luck tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks man...this is crazy. The flats used to be gold.

Kokatat Pro Staff
      Torqeedo Pro Staff
      Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

Tough day on the flats. I launched out of Jean Roberts at 5am and paddled to the far side of the river. I reached the north point of Garrett Island and drifted the channel for cats a few times. Somehow I did managed to snag a 5" catfish that almost took third place in the calcutta! I drifted the same route a few times closer to the island for some large or smallmouth bass with no results.

Drifted to the flats to target rockfish, I trolled to the Perryville side staying in the norther flats. Then tried to troll back to Tydings, but was getting the sh#t knocked out of me and decided to reel in the lines, bury my head and "powerpaddle" back to the marina. It was an exhausting paddle back to Tydings. Then tried to jig the marina island for bass, no luck...hit a small cove by the apartment buildings....no luck. Finally worked the boat docks close to the Tydings ramp. I missed a strike on a senko that I wasn't prepared for. Total of 8 hours of hard fishing and paddling, I was still happy to be on the water having some adult time though. I feel bad for the fishermen that traveled here from Penn, New Jersey, and Maine not having better results.

Originally posted by chimo View Post
        Pretty poor day for most involved. No one completed the slam, largest cat was 25 inches, largest rock was +/- 25 inches and only a few were caught, largest bass was 16.5 inches. Launched out of Tydings myself and covered alot of water trolling and jigging for 2 bites, both before 6am, both came unbuttoned. Best of luck tomorrow.
        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

I fished Friday and Saturday and never caught a striper or Bass! I marked fish in the channels under me and could not get any to bite. Around low tide yesterday I saw gulls around the sand islands at low tide and figure fish might be feeding but the 30mph gust hit me and I changed my mind. Kodi got the Largemouth Bass and can tell his story shortly.
          "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

I fished Saturday and today. High tide was around 730 and there was still not much water with a lot of sand/mud bars exposed. Only stayed out for 2 hours with 1 missed hit trolling. I put about 4miles on the odometer.
            Dave
            2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

I landed a 13 3/4" channel cat and and a 25" channel cat that was good enough for for 1st place in the catfish division. No rockfish but I still had a great time.

echo5oscar was the BIG winner of the day, 1st place Rockfish. Most of the raffle prizes and the Hobie.
              Jim

Hobie Outback
              TKAA member
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

other than the outback, it was all little stuff. so if anyone needs any sunscreen let me know!

Comment

Sorry you guys didn't have more luck. I had even worse luck as a work emergency kept me off the water. Wish I could have joined you guys despite the not so great fishing. Congrats to the winners!!
                  Mike S.
                  Hobie Outback
                  Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                  3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

You alright man? Hope things are ok.

I never went out today. The lady and I went down to Annapolis to have lunch. I really went down because Backyard Boats replaced my heavy duty cart because the welds on it broke. Those guys down there are great. They always take care of me. It's too bad it's an hour away.

Originally posted by chexone View Post
                    Sorry you guys didn't have more luck. I had even worse luck as a work emergency kept me off the water. Wish I could have joined you guys despite the not so great fishing. Congrats to the winners!!

Kokatat Pro Staff
                    Torqeedo Pro Staff
                    Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

I got to spend the day on the water, met some great folks, stayed dry during a torrential downpour, didn't drown, and my meditation on the water was uninterrupted by any pesky fish. What more could a man ask for?
                      Carpe Pisces

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
                        You alright man? Hope things are ok.
                        oh yeah, I'm fine just spent the night and day behind a computer instead of fishing
                        Mike S.
                        Hobie Outback
                        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                        3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Originally posted by Wavy Davy View Post
                          I got to spend the day on the water, met some great folks, stayed dry during a torrential downpour, didn't drown, and my meditation on the water was uninterrupted by any pesky fish. What more could a man ask for?
                          Oh yeah, almost forgot. Won a pair of $22 sunglasses, a $125 yak attack black box, and a bunch of Docirv baits. Only thing that would have made it better would be winning a Hobie Outback. Oh well, couldn't have fit it on top of my Civic with my Revo anyway.
                          Carpe Pisces

Comment

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Won a pair of $22 sunglasses, a $125 yak attack black box, and a bunch of Docirv baits. Only thing that would have made it better would be winning a Hobie Outback. Oh well, couldn't have fit it on top of my Civic with my Revo anyway.
                            That YakAttack box is sweet. Just picked it up myself.
                            Dave
                            2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

Oh well, couldn't have fit it on top of my Civic with my Revo anyway.
                              It barely fit in my truck with my other outback. image.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X