Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank you Bob and all of those who made the Jamboree possible....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Bob and all of those who made the Jamboree possible....

Even though the weather was challenging I had a great time and enjoyed meeting all of the wonderful people who are fellow and lady kayakers. Thanks for helping our wounded warriors and vets!!! Count me in for the next one as both a participant and sponsor....
    http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
    484-459-9863
    If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
    *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Well said Doc. It was a helluva good time. Bob is such a swell guy (with an award to prove it) and he did a phenomenal job on this yet again. Thanks Bob and company!

Comment

I had a Great Time and It was nice meeting everybody!! I'll be back next year! And Thanks Bob & company!!
      2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Enjoyed the event, but wished the stripers would have showed up. But we found ways to have fun anyways. Meet up with Russ, Mike and Wayne on the western shore and Dana from the Eastern shore. Maybe new fishing buddies to try out. What's not to like.
        "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Well done Bob.

Thank you for your hard work.
          Jim

Hobie Outback
          TKAA member
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Horrible weather, leaky tent, cold nights and terrible fishing, yet a wonderful wonderful time. Want to thank Bob and everyone for making it an truly enjoyable experience. Also would like to thank all for the freely given help, tips and advice, it's like a kayak fishing seminar for me being a newcomer to kayak fishing. Will be back next year for sure.

Comment

I had a blast too and even took home some prize money. And DonV, i had a leaky tent as well and was forced to sleep in my truck, so dont feel bad lol
              Kodi B. from MD/PA
              Fishing from a Malibu Stealth 12 & Native Slayer 12

Comment

Originally posted by KbowersRiverBum View Post
                I had a blast too and even took home some prize money. And DonV, i had a leaky tent as well and was forced to sleep in my truck, so dont feel bad lol
                Hey Kodi - did you ever get the bunker stink off of you?...after sleeping in your truck w/ a cooler fool of bait It was nice to meet you and all the other men & woman that braved the conditions. I had a blast, everyone was great. Thanks to Bob & his Mrs also, job well done. You will see me again next year.
                Jackson - BIG TUNA

Comment

Sounds like a great gathering- Catching the fish is secondary...Sorry I could not participate in the jamboree- I sure wanted to- same with the Chesapeake Bay Kayak Tournament this fall- my job keeps me traveling more and more instead of less-participated last year and had a great time- can't this year- I'll be in Los Angeles- I plan on retirement in a couple of years, so if my health stays good....
                  "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                  2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                  "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                  Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Sorry I could not participate in the jamboree. I had a funeral to go to. It looks like everyone had a great time. Is there a listing of who won what prizes? And a link to pictures of the event? I just wanted to see what I was missing. Job well done.

Comment

Originally posted by wfauby View Post
                      Hey Kodi - did you ever get the bunker stink off of you?...after sleeping in your truck w/ a cooler fool of bait It was nice to meet you and all the other men & woman that braved the conditions. I had a blast, everyone was great. Thanks to Bob & his Mrs also, job well done. You will see me again next year.
                      Lol yea the bunker stink wasn't too bad. Thank god the bucket had a lid on it, kept most
                      Of the smell contained. Lol
                      Kodi B. from MD/PA
                      Fishing from a Malibu Stealth 12 & Native Slayer 12

Comment

Thanks to Bob and Matt and all who put in the event and to those who were able to participate. It was my first jamboree but won't be my last. It was great meeting so many people who share my passion. Yes it was windy but it was great to smell fresh air and just be in my yak. I really enjoyed seeing all the different rigging configurations. Even though i was the only female who fished( i think) not one person made me deel unwelcomed. Thanks guys.
                        Tight lines
                        2015 Outback
                        2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

Job well done Bob!!! We all appreciate all the preparation and time you and your team put together. Was my first, and won't be my last
                          2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                          2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                          2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Nice job Bob and Co.! A definite "to-do" on the kayak fishing calendar. Since I arrived late I didn't get to meet everyone. Sorry about that. We will rectify that at the CBKA September event!

So, why did I arrive late? Well, due to the weather and fishing reports and, my increasing volume of gray hair, I decided to pitch my tent AFTER the rain on Friday. Oh, and being unemployed allows for scheduling flexibility. My wife was jonesin' for a camping trip and we both decided starting out being wet was not the best choice. So, we called the park and moved our visit to Sat-Tue.

Worked out well. A little cool at night, the breezy conditions and even worse striper reports kept me from even splashing the kayak. On Sunday I talked to a couple boater guys coming in at Tydings how the fishing went. Not a hit! They were really cold, too. So, I took the fly rod and fished for shad in Deer Creek. Caught a few. Monday, same thing.

So, I've been to the jamboree 2 years in a row and caught... shad! Weird...

Comment

Thanks for all the the Thank You's! It was a blast and a pleasure to meet so many more new folks! Next year hopefully will be better conditions and fishing! You know the party is going to be great...

For the wrap up and some pics, go to www.sfkfj.com. There is a link to the Facebook page there as well.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X