No announcement yet.

Please talk me out of a Hobie!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still gleaming like it's prom night! I am not much of a spender, but I sacrificed for my wife, kids, and my business....it's time to treat myself while I can. Thanks again to everyone talking me out of talking me out of a hobie...this post was alot of fun for me. Stick a fork in me I AM DONE!
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Enjoy it--also sat in both revo/outback and the stability difference is big, hull slap happily reminds me how nice it is to be able to take on big winds/waves with far less concern

Comment

Enjoy the new yak!
        2012 Hobie Revo 13'
        2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

I've never sat in a Revo, but love my Outback and stand fish off of it sometimes too.

Next thing you will need to be talked out of is a Torqueedo for your outback, if money really doesn't matter.
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Now the fun (and expensive) part, outfitting the new Outback
            Dave
            2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

As I have read before, Welcome to the Dark Side.....

Comment

Well, today's the day....can't sleep LOL! Feels like the morning that I walked down the aisle.

Just giving an update. I have had a few hits with the Tarpon on Craigslist. Seems like I am going to soften the price to a newbie entering the sport. I am such a sucker! Anyway, everyone I have spoken with or emailed...I send them the link to this site, just doing my part.
                2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

We all have been where you are, Jeremy- the evolution of a fisherman who kayaks is predictable on this forum...eventually you end up with a Hobie mirage drive...just makes too much sense from a strictly fishing point of view....now a kayaker who fishes is entirely different- they pretty much stay clear of the 'dark' side and continue the traditional paddle sport. I guess it is different down in Tidewater where traditional paddle kayaks dominate the fishing scene...can't quite figure that one out as I would think their fishing waters would greatly benefit from a higher endurance, faster, longer-distance craft. There are quite a few good fishermen down there that are factory sponsored by a major kayak manufacturer and that locks them into fishing out of one brand of kayak, so maybe that is it...the "I want to be like Mike" syndrome...
                  "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                  2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                  "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                  Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
                  X